Temperature

DavidL

I have been looking at getting a fire safe to store my wife?s jewelry. One question that comes up is they all list the internal temperature that they can stand up to in a fire to keep your files safe but what about pearls? What is the highest temperature that pearls can withstand (Tahitian and akoya in this case) without losing any of their natural beauty of value?

Thanks,

DavidL

http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-selector.php You may want to look into a Liberty. I don't know any other safe which can withstand what Liberty safes can and have your money or guns come out in one piece.
I don't see the internal temp during a fire, but they may have tested it during mock fires to see how hot the interior gets. Unless you live in a rural area, most fire districts won't let your home burn as long as these are rated for.

Last edited:
Now, I guess we wait to find out if 200+ temp will harm the pearls. After seeing the other safe with flames shooting out of the door cracks, I don't want that model. We own the Lincoln and love it.

WOW...that video was pretty impressive demonstration of what not to get in a fire safe...lol

We have the splendidly named Tann's Trusty Twelve Cornered safe. It probably won't protect anything from a fire but it is certainly too heavy to steal easily - It gave four men hernias when it was last moved! It comes originally from my great grandmother

DavidL I live in the deep south of the USA. There have been many instances where they bolt one of these Libertys to the floor, a tornado hits and the only thing left is the safe. I don't know if you saw the warranty but it's the best. If some one attemps to break in and harms the dial, door or handle, Liberty will come and repair your safe. I wish we had bought a bigger model. You will find plenty of items to store in them, not just the obvious.

Back