Stringing with silk

stringing silk

stringing silk

Four threads. We've have used four threads. We stock 6-7 weights and a few very heavy US made silk FFF. I have added a third thread at times also. With two or four
threads I can use a leader (mono filament 1 lb test & more importantly blue). I don't like controlling the four threads when knotting. We string all then knot and slide. No tool.
Tapered readers work well to clean holes and must be run at slow speeds to prevent burning. I've had some cheap drills (chisel bit with a 3 degree offset) break in the hole and with my enguinuity (SP) been able to remove with no damage to the pearl. They can be resharpened if you have the skill and patience.

I have always put te readers in a flexible shaft drill with variable speed. Run at slow speeds. Or a .6 mm in a pearl drilling machine
which has a centering jig.

stringing silk

stringing silk

Four threads. We've have used four threads. We stock 6-7 weights and a few very heavy US made silk FFF. I have added a third thread at times also. With two or four
threads I can use a leader (mono filament 1 lb test & more importantly blue). I don't like controlling the four threads when knotting. We string all then knot and slide. No tool.
Tapered readers work well to clean holes and must be run at slow speeds to prevent burning. I've had some cheap drills (chisel bit with a 3 degree offset) break in the hole and with my enguinuity (SP) been able to remove with no damage to the pearl. They can be resharpened if you have the skill and patience.

Back