Sort of know

Have collection of add a pearls I have received as a child. Now 46 years old. Was hoping someone could help with worth since will not get them strung.

Have attached photo. Some are Mikimoto some are Felco. Two Princess and one no name

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 25
Happyinflorida,

Welcome! That is quite a collection! The photo isn't really close enough to see the quality of the pearls, but the Mikimoto would likely have the highest value, because of the brand. Based on their age, all of these would be Akoya pearls. They would not have a high value. The mix of sizes and slight differences in color would make it difficult to use them in one necklace. Were these gifts from parents? Grandparents? They have lots of sentimental value, probably.

Are you thinking of selling them? Beaders and crafters often use smaller amounts of matched pearls like these in earrings, bracelets or a centerpiece of a necklace, or mix them with other gemstones or pearls. Is there anyone in your family that would be delighted to wear these pearls if they were made into a more modern piece of jewelry? (Just thinking of the upcoming holidays.) Or if you like to do crafts, bead stores in your area may offer classes.

I'd say eBay them-- individually. People do buy these small lots-- see these "Sold" eBay listings:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Jewelry-Wat...Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=add+a+pearl&_sop=13

Start each auction with a price you would be okay with receiving for each set, and let the market decide the final price. The Mikimotos should bring a higher price.

If you post your eBay listings here, you may find buyers among P-G members.

Thank you so much. Tried everything except searching add a pearl duh! I tried unstrung pearls etc. does anyone know about Felco? I found a ton on Mikimoto and Princess but only an old ad for Felco. I will try to get closer photos. Thank you again

I found your 3 completed (unsold) listings on eBay-- you had 3 bidders in one auction and 4 bidders in the other auction-- but your reserve was not met.

Clearly there is lots of interest but the individuals bidding don't want to spend so much. Hey, everyone has limits to what their wallet can afford.
This is a good reason to sell the pearl cards individually, or at least in smaller batches. Maybe you can sell them all, to the 4 people who were bidding.

Also, JMO, but skip the reserve price and just start the bidding at the least you would be okay with receiving. A lot of buyers are put off by reserves-- they don't want to invest time bidding and watching an auction only to discover at the end that your reserve was out of their range.

Here is a Felco listing:
http://www.rubylane.com/item/508065...r-Deb-PEARLS?gclid=CPvG-cbviLoCFYSd4Aod6SEAzw

Back