Some Tahitian pearls.

Josh

clflash.jpg

Pretty~~! Don't hesitate to show more :)

Josh said:
Here's some Keishi for you non-nucleus types.

Hm... Maybe there is hope for these pearl chips too. What do you guys think of this one? :cool:

mish.jpg

I love tahitian pearls they're the best, the colors are breathtaking. And Valeria that necklace is intense!

I do like that Mish piece. Can't imagine it on though. Love the bamboo bar endings but not so fond of the claw(?) hook...

Josh said:
Valeria, that is amazing:eek: I really like how the color of the pearls pops out through the keishi.

Yeah! And you guys certainly have the right material on your hands to make such things hppen... :cool:

Valeria101 said:
Hm... Maybe there is hope for these pearl chips too. What do you guys think of this one? :cool:

Valeria: I saw a white freshwater keishi this weekend in the exact same design. My thought was, "well, that's ONE way to solve the graduation problem." The clasp treatment is fantastic! I wonder if it would lay the same around a person's neck.

pearlpunk said:
WOW. can i buy this from somewhere ?

I found the price unrealistic compared with what it would take to have one made here clasp and all.

Look for the pearl fashion thread: they come from a press review on pearl jewelry that mentions the seller.

How about a black or red coral clasp instead of bamboo-shaped gold? :cool:

knotty panda said:
I wonder if it would lay the same around a person's neck.

They should... the type of clasp is the traditional construction for Indian bead necklaces. The secret is to have a longish chain connection between the 'bamboo' rods, so that they have room to fall at a angle and absorb the different tensions in the pearl strands. ;)

Congratulations Colega Josh!

Those are really nice photos, but the pearls are even nicer. Nice to see colors -again- in Tahitian pearls, specially the greens and goldens.

Thanks to'u hoa Doug,
The golds are pretty rare. We usually don't try for them because when trying you often get an unsavory color we call poo-brown instead. When we get a donor oyster that is just yellow without green hues we use them but those are stupid rare. I'm sure there is a lot of fun to be had with Mazatlanicas as far as all that's concerned! Greens are a no-brainer for us obviously.

Valeria101 said:

mish.jpg

Valeria,
did you make this necklace? It's absolutely stunning! I love the use of pearls and what a wonderfully unique clasp... it really adds to the necklace.

drea said:
Valeria,
did you make this necklace? It's absolutely stunning! I love the use of pearls and what a wonderfully unique clasp... it really adds to the necklace.

Me? No.... the picture comes from a hot-shot NY design firm. Want one ? ;)

Valeria101 said:
Me? No.... the picture comes from a hot-shot NY design firm. Want one ? ;)

I'd love one!!! I'm sure that necklace would certainly cost a pretty penny though.. I think the necklace is beautiful! :eek:

DruzyDesign now has some of Josh's pearls for sale on ebay--I have mixed feelings about mentioning this, but I know so many of you "look" there they will be noticed very soon! I think this lot is just the beginning---so nice that she is giving him credit in the write-up, too. Hope there will be enough for us all to purchase some!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Back