Some of jerin's pearls

Hi Zeide,

OK! Wilma Flintstone here we come! Poor Jeremy, I hate to pester him, but when is he going to find those baroques?!?!?! Speaking of baroques, I love your white ones but the pink ones - wow, I'd love to see those in person. Those and the rose gold cercl?s!

Perle

Hi Inge,

Thanks for your comments! I think I'll wait for the larger ones!

Perle

I'm really enjoying being able look at everyones pearls that has posted pics. Thanks for sharing them. Being male I'm not able to relate personally to the salivation that is going on over some of these strands and the pearl earring and beret just won't work for me.

I have a practical question from a craftpersons point of view regarding the use of feature clasps on strings. The pic of the freshadama string and the opal clasp at the beginning of this thread shows the clasp sitting high up on one side but I know from experience with the ones I've made that it doesn't stay there when being worn and tends to gravitate to the bottom of the string. Is this a problem for those who wear them? What are your thoughts on this from a pearl lovers perspective, I love em but can't where em.

Doug

Good Morning Inge, Perle, Zeide,
You are all wishing for triple strand necklaces, why not just some long ropes? Seems like for the investment that would be more versatile, and can be worn more formally or less as one chooses??? Plus if worn long enough can be enjoyed by the wearer too!
Pattye

Hi Pattye,

I love long ropes, too, but I currently have more of them than triple strands. As such, it is only a temporary preference on my part. I also do not currently own any graduated 10-13mm 7 strand necklace but such a thing is about as tricky to work into your daily wardrobe as the flashier tiaras. They simply look out of place in grocery stores.

Zeide

Ah, I should have guessed! I'm a latecomer to the Pearl Party, and still playing catch up! (And I only have one tiara.) Zeide, a 7-strander in that size would have some major majesty, and weight too. I don't want to miss seeing that one!
Pattye

DFrey said:
I'm really enjoying being able look at everyones pearls that has posted pics. Thanks for sharing them. Being male I'm not able to relate personally to the salivation that is going on over some of these strands and the pearl earring and beret just won't work for me.

I have a practical question from a craftpersons point of view regarding the use of feature clasps on strings. The pic of the freshadama string and the opal clasp at the beginning of this thread shows the clasp sitting high up on one side but I know from experience with the ones I've made that it doesn't stay there when being worn and tends to gravitate to the bottom of the string. Is this a problem for those who wear them? What are your thoughts on this from a pearl lovers perspective, I love em but can't where em.

Doug

Doug,
the opal clasp has been balanced very well by Pearl Paradise and I actually wear it often in the front as well as in the back of my neck and on the side as seen in the picture. So far it has stayed in the position I wished it to be.

Hi Inge,
LOVE your great collection of pearls! Sorry I got so excited back there I lost track of what belonged to who. Did you supply the lovely opal clasp to Pearl Paradise and have them string?
Pattye

Hi Jerin,
Thanks for your reply. The clasp on your double string stays where you put it and doesn't keep sliding to the bottom of the string because the weight of the clasp is approximately the same as the weight of the pearls for the same length it takes up in the string. It is indeed well balanced and a great job by pearl paradise. I think a single string or smaller pearls would need a lighter clasp for it to be balanced and stay in place in the same way.

Doug

pattye said:
Hi Inge,
LOVE your great collection of pearls! Sorry I got so excited back there I lost track of what belonged to who. Did you supply the lovely opal clasp to Pearl Paradise and have them string?
Pattye

Hi Pattye and D?Frey!

Yes, I supplied the clasp to Pearl Paradise, I have it from my mother. I have not thought about the weight of it but it certainly stays where I put it. I have worn it in front, in the back of my neck and sideways as well.
The Freshadamas came from PP and the stringing was done according to my wishes.

What a great way to have a special custom necklace with sentimental value. Perhaps only on a smaller size pearl would the weight of the clasp ever be an issue. Anyway, it has been great fun seeing the collections of pearls. Thank you all!
Pattye

Hi Cathy,
so I see You have found the pictures! They are my first ones, by now I have many more like these and a lot of necklaces, that I bought as hanks... not AAA grade though, but lovely in their own way...

Hugs

Caitlin Williams said:
I'd thought I's start this thread off with one of my all time favorite necklaces, one any Queen would have been proud of. A long double freshadama with an opal clasp.

I am Jealous, Opal is my Birthsone... Okay not really jealous VERY happy for you VERY Nice opal to go with those Georogus pearls...

Reading at this thread Drooling at the Descriptions and giving Hubby Puppydog eyes.... Okay Must leave now.. and go drool in private...

Cheers

Ash

Why yes its been one of "Those silly" days....

Last edited by a moderator:
Are some of you beginning to doubt my identity - I have lots of fabulous Lop Nors (I saw the thread so the secret is out and I have quadrupled the price, I did not know they were so rare..) and also now find I have what you were calling bat pearls and I call butterfly pearls. really, my intitials are WG not ZE...

I do know the history of the famous Lop Nors, really. But every time I hear about them I think of bunny rabbits.
And now we have butterfly pearls. Which I guess we should call 'bat' pearls. Do I need a bat phone?
barbie
My sister loved the bat pearls! But she wants natural colors. Cream, gold, pink.

Wendy,

also now find I have what you were calling bat pearls and I call butterfly pearls.

Maybe this is the time of year (Halloween) to call them bat pearls, and you can switch back to butterfly pearls in the spring-----

my intitials are WG not ZE...

Yes, Wendy, We know who you are, or you would have outed by the Pearl Police loooonnnnng ago!

Barbie, Can't recall seeing the bat pearls in natural colors, but I will keep an eye out! They would need to be quite good quality to leave natural; I assume the dye covers some of the blemishes-----------

Every time I re-order the blue butterflies I ask if there are different colours...no. It must have just been one enormous lot of them which all got dyed that blue. It is a lovely blue colour though..

Back