Show us your Pastel Tahitians!!

I have other, more typical pastel Tahitian strands with lighter colors, but this is the most unusual one I have. I bought it as a temp strand years ago from Druzy. I left a couple more golden pearls out when I knotted it, which I wish I hadn’t done because now they have mixed in with other supplies and I don’t know where they are. The coloring is unusual for Tahitians, and I think a pretty rare combination. (lighting is very dark this morning)
IMG_8922.jpeg

I have other, more typical pastel Tahitian strands with lighter colors, but this is the most unusual one I have. I bought it as a temp strand years ago from Druzy. I left a couple more golden pearls out when I knotted it, which I wish I hadn’t done because now they have mixed in with other supplies and I don’t know where they are. The coloring is unusual for Tahitians, and I think a pretty rare combination. (lighting is very dark this morning)
View attachment 465327
Very beautiful Jeg...what do you think about the pastel tahitians as compared to regular ones? Do you like the lighter softer colors?

View attachment 465327
I love this thread already heartofawareness! Jeg, wow, those look more like edison colors than Tahitians. Just gorgeous and unique. My favorite combination.

Met some friends for lunch and when I got home, the Tahitians were loving the sunlight, so I tried taking pics of more pastel-ish Tahitians. I’m not sure if I can answer your question, heartofawareness. I love all colors of Tahitians and go in phases as to which I like and wear. Sometimes it’s the lighter colors that border on silvers and whites, sometimes the medium tones, sometimes the very dark colors, and sometimes contrasting multi colors. Most of it depends on what I’m wearing. I know some people who don’t like certain colors on themselves, but I like all the colors.

“Seaglass” Tahitian strand from Kojima-
IMG_1325.jpeg

IMG_1324.jpeg

Bracelets from Kojima-
IMG_8997.jpeg

Two strands, two rope lengths, and a bracelet I put together with collected pearls-
IMG_8950.jpeg
IMG_8963.jpeg
IMG_8960.jpeg
IMG_8984.jpeg
IMG_8991.jpeg

so many different beauties @jeg they are all gorgeous. I love the bracelets with the very saturated blues...and the ringed pearls are amazing, your strands have such a wide variety of color...feels like i'm in a candy store...so much eye candy. I think your skin tone allows you to wear a wide array of colors and it all looks great!!

Met some friends for lunch and when I got home, the Tahitians were loving the sunlight, so I tried taking pics of more pastel-ish Tahitians. I’m not sure if I can answer your question, heartofawareness. I love all colors of Tahitians and go in phases as to which I like and wear. Sometimes it’s the lighter colors that border on silvers and whites, sometimes the medium tones, sometimes the very dark colors, and sometimes contrasting multi colors. Most of it depends on what I’m wearing. I know some people who don’t like certain colors on themselves, but I like all the colors.

“Seaglass” Tahitian strand from Kojima-
View attachment 465330
View attachment 465331
Bracelets from Kojima-
View attachment 465333

Two strands, two rope lengths, and a bracelet I put together with collected pearls-
View attachment 465334View attachment 465335View attachment 465336View attachment 465337View attachment 465338
So many beautiful pearls jeg. I didn't used to like the more pastel strands but I have become a convert.

Thanks so much, heartofawareness and CatMom! I am friendly with all colors of pearls and clothes whether they like me or not.:LOL:

Beautiful pearls @jeg
All of them!
Those pastel tahitians are special and remind me of "Summer Cortez Pearls". Love them!

Top: Pistachio Tahitians from Kojima. I love this unusual color. They match my one of a kind pistachio akoya necklace from Pearl Paradise.

Bottom: "Black and white" Tahitian studs from Kamoka. On the left, light blue and indigo eggplant. They go with everything. On the right, lavender and peacock/pink. They go with everything else. I love mismatched earrings.

IMG_1496.jpeg

Pastel necklace from Pearl Paradise. Bought at my last RUCKUS. This was the only strand that looked like this. I'd never seen Tahitians this color before. Like soap bubbles.

IMG_1494.jpeg

My very first strand of Tahitians. Kojima. I love the sapphire clasp, but I'm a sucker for a good clasp. I didn't think I liked black pearls, until I tried this necklace on. That's when I discovered pastel Tahitians, although these aren't all that pastel, but they're much lighter than what I thought of as black pearls. They're not very impressive just looking at them on a white background. But they come alive on my skin.

IMG_1495.jpeg

Along with to my natural white Hanadama rope, this 2019 All Josh Harvest necklace from Kamoka are best pearls. It's a very black and white necklace in person. I love the white flying saucer that sits opposite the big black pearl.

It's a very one of a kind harvest strand. None of the other harvest strands from Kamoka look like this. And I really treasure it, because I've met Josh and heard him talk about how he cultures pearls, and he did every one of these himself.

IMG_1497.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you, Douglas and Marlakins!:giggle: Marlakins, I don’t have any special camera or set up at all. I don’t think I would ever get anything posted if I had to play with all that! I just use my iphone and natural light that comes through the windows. I have big windows and a high ceiling in the backside of my house. It might also help that my house is very open so I also get light coming from the front of the house and skylights. I used to take the pics closer to the windows, which highlighted the luster, but more recently I have moved further away from the windows where it highlights the colors. It works best for me when there is full sunlight and I set the pearls in the indirect light. I’ve tried a lot of different places by the windows but I think I have finally found the easiest location because I can just lay the pearls out on a chair and I don’t have to move or set anything up.

BWeaves, your Tahitians are all gorgeous but that strand from PP really gets me!

I still have a hard time finding the right place in my house to photograph my pearls when I'm wearing them. However, for laying them out, I have an all white bathroom with big frosted windows and white sheer curtains. I lay the pearls on a white towel on the floor next to the white tiled bathtub, so the pearls are in the shade, but there's still lots of light coming in. I drape a white towel over my knees, so my clothing doesn't reflect in the pearls. It's a bit of a wonky setup, but it's quick and easy to do.

Such a great thread @heartofawareness ! Some of my favorite pieces in one place;-) I am looking at you Seaglass Strand and BWeaves’ PP beauty! And those pistacchio earrings!!!

I am kind of like jeg that I love all Tahitian colors (on pearls with great luster everything just glows) but I started off with really looking for strong body colors or overtones and slowly came to appreciate the subtle softness of the pastels. I do not have a whole pastel strand but years ago I bought this mini lot of “light pastels” from Jac of Pearl House. This is not the best photo of the pearls they are hard to photograph and today is not the right light anyway but I hope you get the idea...Almost silver Ts but with a hint of other colors...Love them! And will forever dream about the Seaglass ;-)
A746A0A6-F500-4CE7-A3A9-EF8930AD2CB2.jpeg
681E81D9-CE9C-421D-BDDB-AE8C73016460.jpeg
( There are 10 8mm pastels and one peacock on the necklace)

Top: Pistachio Tahitians from Kojima. I love this unusual color. They match my one of a kind pistachio akoya necklace from Pearl Paradise.

Bottom: "Black and white" Tahitian studs from Kamoka. On the left, light blue and indigo eggplant. They go with everything. On the right, lavender and peacock/pink. They go with everything else. I love mismatched earrings.

View attachment 465365

Pastel necklace from Pearl Paradise. Bought at my last RUCKUS. This was the only strand that looked like this. I'd never seen Tahitians this color before. Like soap bubbles.

View attachment 465367

My very first strand of Tahitians. Kojima. I love the sapphire clasp, but I'm a sucker for a good clasp. I didn't think I liked black pearls, until I tried this necklace on. That's when I discovered pastel Tahitians, although these aren't all that pastel, but they're much lighter than what I thought of as black pearls. They're not very impressive just looking at them on a white background. But they come alive on my skin.

View attachment 465366

Along with to my natural white Hanadama rope, this 2019 All Josh Harvest necklace from Kamoka are best pearls. It's a very black and white necklace in person. I love the white flying saucer that sits opposite the big black pearl.

It's a very one of a kind harvest strand. None of the other harvest strands from Kamoka look like this. And I really treasure it, because I've met Josh and heard him talk about how he cultures pearls, and he did every one of these himself.

View attachment 465364
These are gorgeous Bweaves...yes they are different than most and those are the ones you have to snag because they are different, they are special and unique...I see the flying saucer!!:love:

I still have a hard time finding the right place in my house to photograph my pearls when I'm wearing them. However, for laying them out, I have an all white bathroom with big frosted windows and white sheer curtains. I lay the pearls on a white towel on the floor next to the white tiled bathtub, so the pearls are in the shade, but there's still lots of light coming in. I drape a white towel over my knees, so my clothing doesn't reflect in the pearls. It's a bit of a wonky setup, but it's quick and easy to do.
I have a hard time too, though, for the time being I'm using my porch which has worked somewhat well....

Such a great thread @heartofawareness ! Some of my favorite pieces in one place;-) I am looking at you Seaglass Strand and BWeaves’ PP beauty! And those pistacchio earrings!!!

I am kind of like jeg that I love all Tahitian colors (on pearls with great luster everything just glows) but I started off with really looking for strong body colors or overtones and slowly came to appreciate the subtle softness of the pastels. I do not have a whole pastel strand but years ago I bought this mini lot of “light pastels” from Jac of Pearl House. This is not the best photo of the pearls they are hard to photograph and today is not the right light anyway but I hope you get the idea...Almost silver Ts but with a hint of other colors...Love them! And will forever dream about the Seaglass ;-) View attachment 465391View attachment 465390( There are 10 8mm pastels and one peacock on the necklace)
I love your necklace @eolian pearls it's almost like a tin-cup except with beads. I love silvery colors. I'm like most of you, started off with dark, saturated colors and have been moving towards the lighter and silverier ones. In fact, I didn't know there was such a thing as Pastel Tahitians. Thats what I like about Tahitians, there are so many possibilities coming from one species of oyster that it's a surprise at harvest time...what color will come out next. Must be exciting! Anyway...you look great in your necklace. It's beautiful and perfect for summer.

Thank you @heartofawareness ! Yes it must be so so exciting harvesting Tahitian pearls! So many possibilities! We had the hottest day ever here yesterday so I was closed inside with AC plenty of time to play with my pearls;-) I still had pastels in my mind so I divided them into 4 groups (the pearls were called like this when I bought them) - pastels, special colors, aubergine/teal and light peacock/peacocks. The eye doesnt really go to the pastels first but everything changes once they are against the skin, as BWeaves says they do come alive...
A6601000-E284-4FBA-B6CE-E92073C969CD.jpeg

Back