Remember my "gamble" buying BIG pearls ??

I saw this glue deposits only when I posted the picture. It's already cleaned..... I like those little funky rings from your link, but not enough to want one like this.
Basically what I would like for this pink pearl of mine is to set it very simply in bezel on wide, kind of square band of silver. No small accents on the sides. Bezel could be irregular, going on the sides high enough to hide holes....This is something I would have to have my jeweler to do for me....

imanit said:
Basically what I would like for this pink pearl of mine is to set it very simply in bezel on wide, kind of square band of silver. No small accents on the sides. Bezel could be irregular, going on the sides high enough to hide holes....

Sounds even more intriguing than the 'Sylphides'! Would be glad to see the design growing... if you might consider posting along.

To begin with, your descriptions made me think of a certain style (e.g. William Richey). No particular model there, but the several unusual versions of "bezel" settings. Would such a 'geometric' style be anywhere close to what you have in mind? Otherwise, any examples?

MORE LIKE THIS:
ambrng.jpg

BUT IT'S STILL NOT MY "VISION"...

I re-made it. Now it looks like an egg in a nest, but surprisingly - I really like it !!! ( at least till the next remake...)
PICT0001s.jpg

PICT0002s.jpg

PICT0006s.jpg

I think that wire is my medium ( not the glue...)

imanit!

Very charming and fun, plus a gorgeous pearl!! You are getting great with those photos!
Thanks much!
Pattye
So many pearls, so little time

imanit said:
I re-made it. Now it looks like an egg in a nest, but surprisingly - I really like it !!! ( at least till the next remake...)

Same here. If the shank of the ring would be woven wire as well, I wouldn't think of changing anything at all.

Besides, 'egg in nest' is a traditional theme for pearl jewelry... You could find some really tremendous examples.

imanit said:
I think that wire is my medium ( not the glue...)

... You might like THIS and THIS and THIS ;) I sure do!

Hi Ana,

You certainly find the fascinating websites! Thanks!

Pattye
So many pearls, so little time

HI Imanit

You really do have a gift for the wire and it is tres stylish this year. You are on the crest of the wave. Thanks for sharing here. If you sell somewhere let us know.

Thanks for all your ideas... I must say -it's third day and I still like this "nest" ring of mine... still no urge to change it ...yet..
I think, I'll have to start selling.... I don't know how and to whom, but I start having more necklaces / bracelets that I need and I want to make more..... I'm waiting for more pearls that I just ordered.....

I was reading the Remember When thread of Pattye's and glanced at the related threads section below the main body, and Whoa! This thread of Imanit's deserves a bump for gorgeous work!

Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed when she asked if this sickness (obsession with pearls) gets better. No, as we know, it gets worse and worse -- and then worse yet!

(Sigh of resignation) Yep. I guess there are worse things...

Back