Question about enhancers

Thanks, Newberry, for the information about the small PP enhancer. Those are some giant pearls you have!

Hanaleimom - your pictures are so helpful. And I'm glad to know which enhancer you reach for most often. I don't have any large strands, but am thinking of a way to dress up my white freshadama strand (which rarely gets worn) and a few others. I may order both colors from Bella (I noticed that they also have an 18k version).

CathyKeshi - I hope this link works: http://www.stuller.com/products/28470/6086107/?groupId=112580 I haven't seen anything else yet, but will keep an eye out for you. Rose gold settings are becoming more popular now, so there should be something out there that works for you.

Thanks Wild Onion! Looks like the Stuller one is "out of stock" and custom order maybe. I'm not set up wholesale with them, but am at Rio Grande, so will do some further investigation. I could certainly make use of a yellow and while gold interchangeable enhancer such as Hanaleimom and Newberry and others have suggested. I was just thinking of Rose Gold for one or 2 other projects/uses; funny thing is I was just SURE I saw a whole collection of Rose Gold findings; enhancers, lobster and other clasps during one of my late night internet wanderings while working last week, and now I can't find that source ...

Quick question that may have been covered and I missed it - there was a discussion a while back about whether or not spacers damaged the pearls. I wonder about the metal of the enhancer rubbing against the pearls. Also, I wondered about the 'fit' but these pictures helped a lot. Apparently they are supposed to stand up a bit from the strand, since there's no 'space' built in for them at the center front of the strand. So, will the silver or gold wear on the center front pearls?

Some pearls are soft and some are tough. It's hard to tell. I have pearl rings that had one small bump and a big chip flew out. some are all scratched all up, a few are only a little scratched and the winner is my abalone mabe ring. You have to get a magnifying glass out to see the tiny little marks on it after years of frequent wear. I say try it and see, or start with an inexpensive strand of pearls. :)

...a bit late to the party on this thread, but thanks to everyone who contributed! this is such a good info thread, i'm posting to ensure I can find it again quickly :)

Back