PP Oct Sale Pearls

Oh, stunning JerseyPearl! What beauties. Absolutely love this size and length on you, and those clasps! Really cannot decide if I like them long or nested better - good thing you don't have to! I completely agree they would be awesome in jeans/casual context. Those clasps, though. I keep going back to those.

Thank you...and I too am a sun seeker! Love being out in the sun, and so apparently, do these pearls. I wore them to brunch with a girlfriend and we sat outside. The rainbow iridescence on the pearls was amazing...the blues and pinks in particular were really soft and pretty. I am loving these more than I thought I would!

JerseyPearl, I've been visiting those ripples over at PP for the better part of a week now. Seeing your pictures cemented my decision. I need to ask, individually, what lengths are both of your strands? They are gorgeous, & the clasps are perfect!

Thank you in advance,
sarahb

they look lovely on you and those fish hook clasps are too cool, i'm tempted to get a long strand for myself after seeing your pictures!

LadyD .... There are some very good reshipping companies that use an American address and then send it on to you for like $9 ... we used to use them here in Australia before all the big clothing chains started shipping here.

Katbran, really?? You have no idea how happy you made me feel for that info. Thanks so much!

LadyD .... There are some very good reshipping companies that use an American address and then send it on to you for like $9 ... we used to use them here in Australia before all the big clothing chains started shipping here.

Katbran, I could just hug you! First the RG french wire and now this.

As usual, shipping to Brazil is outrageous ($28 for a pound!) but I can get peeeaaarls. I can never understand why it is more expensive to ship here than to Australia...

These companies are also used to hide the real destination country in fraud cases (Ie a nigerian fraudster will have an american address - something like 23642 -27 broad street, tampa florida) (that's made up and no reflection on nigeria either) Used to launder goods from fraudulently used/stolen credit cards and paypal.
The seller will be out the goods (which the US box sends to the crim) and the money, which the credit card company or paypal take back from him
I've heard of several small companies get caught by this, although luckily I've spotted before sending
So don't be surprised if some companies are suspicious if you do use such a method. I'd prefer a genuine address I can check.
There was one paypal fraud recently (in Hong Kong - reported to the HK police since he gave a shipping address) who even had the cheek to email me and ask for a refund on the purchase tax!

Well to be honest it's pretty expensive shipping FROM here ... anything under one pound or 500gm costs me around 21$ ... if I Fed Ex it's 106$ the cheap way ! $165 for express 4 day delivery. But the big department stores tend to charge around 25$ to mail to Australia and some of the companies I buy from charge anywhere up to $45.00 depending on the item. So I tend to buy big to make it worth the money if it's findings etc. It does get a bit discouraging with the costs..but I get back to the States once or twice a year so I can always carry something back.
Good luck with the shipping !

Katbran For me it's not the shipping to Canada it's the customs and duties that I find quite annoying. I do have a parcel pickup in Port Huron,MI which I've never used (I just might start using it). It's only an hour from me but with the price of gas, the wear on my car, not to mention border crossing i don't know if it's worth it. I think I'll have to combine several purchases to make it worth the drive.

These reship companies for sure will make it so much easier. What are your experiences with the two you mentioned?

Hello Bailey; I also have a parcel pickup spot across the border. I think the hassle, time, gas, etc, is worth it. I have saved considerable money. I am always honest, and claim everything …. and have never been asked to go pay any customs costs, I just get waved through. I have brought across necklaces from Pure Pearls, Pearl Paradise, and Kojima, some quite expensive, and never a problem. Good luck.
Linda.

Hello Bailey; I also have a parcel pickup spot across the border. I think the hassle, time, gas, etc, is worth it. I have saved considerable money. I am always honest, and claim everything …. and have never been asked to go pay any customs costs, I just get waved through. I have brought across necklaces from Pure Pearls, Pearl Paradise, and Kojima, some quite expensive, and never a problem. Good luck.
Linda.

Thanks Linda, I think i may as well and get some Christmas shopping done too. Sometimes it's just so much easier to have a package delivered straight to your door.

Back