Posting my Edison strand here... Hoping it never fades...

StarryPearl

This strand was bought right after I bought "My second Edison pearl", actually even before I received that pearl, because it REALLY hit my heart. In short, I got it > 6 months ago. It's the strand just when I finished stringing I noticed one piece of the clasp was deformed and had to start over using a different clasp. And after that, I never wore it... :pat:

About one or two months ago, once when I was organizing my pearls, I suspected the color was lighter :thinking: - but I never thought it COULD be true until last week when I saw pearlescence 's Purple fade thread. The seller definitely promised me those were natural color, but now I decided the same thing TriciaS decided to do - wear it soon and wear it often. It's on my neck now. Hoping for the best, and wishing you guys who bought Edison pearls luck! :grouphug:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	334.1 KB ID:	458609

Thank you, pearlescence and Charlotta2.0.
I bet I am not the only one on this forum who bought a strand like this. It cost me $300+, which I don't usually pay for a freshwater temp strand. Hope it goes fine. :veryhappy:

What a beautiful strand! Love to see a neck shot :D

Thanks, echo !

Took one shot for you! It looks not as colorful or lustrous on my sweater though. Might be the color of my sweater, might be the front camera of my cell phone, but I am not a good photographer anyways. :eek:
IMG_5664.jpg

StarryPearl it looks very beautiful on you! It’s very interesting how pearls colour and lustre looks differently against different lighting, outfit and skin tone. This strand has very lovely pastel and coppery shades

That's a beautiful strand, StarryPearl, and the pearls are a lovely size and shape. I hope there's no additional fading, but at least nothing can change that fantastic luster!

Thank you very much for your kind words, echo and SurfnSci. :)

echo, yes, not only Tahitians are chameleons - Edisons, too, aren't they? Let me post another picture that I took yesterday. I think this pic shows the colors better. (I knew I should have used white background to show color most accurately but I was being lazy.) You might be surprised. ;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5649.jpg Views:	0 Size:	275.2 KB ID:	458641

Last edited:
That strand looks great on you, not to big pearls nor to small. I can tell the pearls are amazing. If it is any consolation, my selfies are way crappier...

It is a GORGEOUS strand StarryPearl
And quite the chameleon!

StarryPearl the strand looks metallic and very colourful against the white background. Thank you for sharing the photo :)

It's been a while since then. I'm curious to find out how your Edison necklace has been faring. :O

Love the metallic freshwaters!!! Nice purchase and good price point on your strand.

I used several different pearls to make this necklace. The metallic ovals were left over from another project and I love mixing them with other pearls. So much fun to work with the metallic shades. Pink and coppery. I set them off with diamond cut rhodium sterling silver beads. They catch the light and don't tarnish.
IMG_1050[1].JPG

Just to speak briefly to the 'natural ' colour of Edison pearls . It's really only quite recently that it's become general knowledge that some of the pearls have been enhanced. Apparently it's the dark purple and the deep raspberry that are the most subject to fading. So many sellers believe what they were told at the time of purchase that the pearls were all natural colour and a result of the type of Mussel being nucleated. I've held a lot of strands for quite a few years now and there's been no colour fading. The only pearls I've had that faded were 5 large baroque singles dyed a very pretty deep blue grey, I knew they were dyed but loved the colour so bought them for pendants. I never used them and found them a few weeks back and noticed that they were a lighter shade than I remembered. My multicolour strands and Ripples going back 6 years haven't changed. Might be a hit and miss situation. I believe that not all of the coloured pearls the GIA tested were dyed. . Douglas please correct me if I've misremembered ! :unsure:

Thank you very much for your kind words, echo and SurfnSci. :)

echo, yes, not only Tahitians are chameleons - Edisons, too, aren't they? Let me post another picture that I took yesterday. I think this pic shows the colors better. (I knew I should have used white background to show color most accurately but I was being lazy.) You might be surprised. ;)

View attachment 458641
On this photo it looks obscenely erotochromatic! :love:

Just to speak briefly to the 'natural ' colour of Edison pearls . It's really only quite recently that it's become general knowledge that some of the pearls have been enhanced. Apparently it's the dark purple and the deep raspberry that are the most subject to fading. So many sellers believe what they were told at the time of purchase that the pearls were all natural colour and a result of the type of Mussel being nucleated. I've held a lot of strands for quite a few years now and there's been no colour fading. The only pearls I've had that faded were 5 large baroque singles dyed a very pretty deep blue grey, I knew they were dyed but loved the colour so bought them for pendants. I never used them and found them a few weeks back and noticed that they were a lighter shade than I remembered. My multicolour strands and Ripples going back 6 years haven't changed. Might be a hit and miss situation. I believe that not all of the coloured pearls the GIA tested were dyed. . Douglas please correct me if I've misremembered ! :unsure:
I believe you are right: some were not dyed. I believe that @pearlescence is one of our experts in this particular field.

Love the metallic freshwaters!!! Nice purchase and good price point on your strand.

I used several different pearls to make this necklace. The metallic ovals were left over from another project and I love mixing them with other pearls. So much fun to work with the metallic shades. Pink and coppery. I set them off with diamond cut rhodium sterling silver beads. They catch the light and don't tarnish.View attachment 462647

Gorgeous piece. I really appreciate your attention to detail and the idea of using metallic ovals with other pearls.

Back