( Possibly weird question ) What color overtones would be best for hazel green eyes?

CaseyR

Some people might think this is a strange question. Others will understand. Tahitians come in so all these different overtones. If you've got hazel green eyes which overtones bring out the colors in your eyes the best?

CaseyR,
Pearl earrings will be closest to your eyes, and the color of your hair will make a difference in how they contrast. You might find the cherry Tahitians especially flattering, or perhaps peacock with pink. (I'm hoping some day for natural color red pearls, lol.) Meantime, I agree with Wendy; one pretty much has to try them. My eyes are hazel with golden brown around the pupil; haven't found any colors that make them seem very green, darn it! (Tinted contacts aren't an option.)

My eyes are green with a bit of hazel near the iris and my strand of green Tahitians go very well with them. The overtones vary but there's some cherry and I think that's the best -- though it's hard to pinpoint which overtone is possible for the overall effect.

I agree about matching to your skin tone. It's very difficult to notice someone's eye color. And the pearls are not going to be next to them. They will be next to your skin.

Your best bet is to try them on. Even pearls with the same overtones will look different, because each strand is uniquely matched.

Thank you all! I will keep those tips in mind ( skin tone, cherry overtones, etc ).

I do not think I put my eye color into consideration when choosing a pearl. I think of skin tone first.

There really is no set formula. You have to try pearls and see what works. Eye colour isn't really going to make any difference unless you are planning to stick the pearls on your forehead. It's the subtleties of skin tone which make the difference

Back