Please help

pearl2020

Hi everyone, I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with the type of pearls I have, they are about 12-15 mm in width, have a sterling silver clasp. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_7632.jpg
    IMG_7632.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7634.jpg
    IMG_7634.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7635.jpg
    IMG_7635.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7637.jpg
    IMG_7637.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7639.jpg
    IMG_7639.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
Price, for one! The Japanese pearls are costlier!
I am by no means any sort of expert on Kasumi pearls, but I would not expect to see a silver clasp on a strand of genuine Japanese Kasumi pearls, because of their price.

Also, I have actually seen strands not very different from the strand in your photo at T. J. Maxx, a discounter store in the USA. (That store does not carry higher end pearls.)

From what I've seen the Japanese ones are generally more colorful, also, although some vendors have very nice Chinese ripples that resemble the Japanese Kasumi pearls. Kojima has been mentioned. They sell (or have sold) both.

Here is a recent thread with some great photos:

Here is an older thread you may wish to read...

I did a quick search for threads on PG with "Kasumi" in the title and came up with these search results:

Price, for one! The Japanese pearls are costlier!
I am by no means any sort of expert on Kasumi pearls, but I would not expect to see a silver clasp on a strand of genuine Japanese Kasumi pearls, because of their price.

Also, I have actually seen strands not very different from the strand in your photo at T. J. Maxx, a discounter store in the USA. (That store does not carry higher end pearls.)

From what I've seen the Japanese ones are generally more colorful, also, although some vendors have very nice Chinese ripples that resemble the Japanese Kasumi pearls. Kojima has been mentioned. They sell (or have sold) both.

Here is a recent thread with some great photos:

Here is an older thread you may wish to read...

I did a quick search for threads on PG with "Kasumi" in the title and came up with these search results:
Thank you so much, that's super helpful, I really appreciate it!!!

Back