Pink South Sea Pearl Ring

Oh I forgot to add - the farmers told me that at the end of the day, nature dictates what color the pearl would have, though.

One farmer said he always strives to get white SSPs, because the whites can fetch higher prices in the international market compared to the creams and yellows. However, come harvest time, the color that comes out may be different than what he intended. How different? That I don't know, I haven't been around their process long enough to be able to answer that.

I'm a color lover myself, wouldn't it be wonderful if SSP farmers also strive to get colorful pearls (like J Hunter in Fiji), instead of the usual white?:D

Last edited:
Katbadness,

All such photos are greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for sharing your experiences, now and in advance! Jewelmer has done a fab job with goldens via amazing designs, PR and marketing, making them a premier brand.

Certainly perception of value applies, i.e. white pearls, agree with you that colorful pearls should be just as desirable as white.

All such photos are greatly appreciated!

Your wish is my command.. :D hahahaha....
I picked up a few SSPs during my travels. I specifically sought out these fancy colored ones, because I thought they'd be interesting additions to the book. I haven't been able to get good pictures of them, though. I noticed the nuanced overtone is missing - maybe it's really because of my picture taking ability..

Let me try photographing them again, and I'll post pictures once I'm relatively successful..

Back