Pearls from the Dragon Mall in Dubai

Donzi32

Thanks for the bump up Pattye I really appreciate as not hearing back from anyone had me worried that I'd either bunch of old teeth and people were to nice to say anything or my posts just weren't what they used to be!

I got these pearls in a mad place in Dubai called Dragon Mart - in a nutshell it can be heaven to some and hell to others (the latter to me) but worth the trip as literally on the out skirts of the city and 1km long full of all kinds of unspectacular useless shrapnel. I'd heard from a few that there were 4 pearl shops - 3 very bad and one good. Took me 4 hours to find the good one so looks like it paid off. Everything from China stops here in Jebel Ali on the way to the West and lots of it end up in Dragon Mart so I am definitely going to go back this weekend and buy a few more and possibly get them restrung or add in a gold clasp to them as gold good value here.

http://www.dragonmart.ae/

Thanks for the advice on Kari - she is very helpful so far and we are in touch in regards to Basara pearls from the Gulf so looking forward to see what comes out of it.

In the meantime I'll make sure to stay in touch and post up some pic's of the Dragon Mart pearls.

For anyone in Dubai I got them from this shop: Zhuji City Yijahong Co. Ltd (Pearl Culture site) www.yijiahong.com - they've good english and fairly flexible on prices depending on what you want.

Cheers

As promised a few more pic's from todays visit to Dragon Mart and purchasing more pearls. By the way my recent pearl fever is that my dear Mum is turning 60th next month and I wanted to mark the occasion with something special. I'm building a nice little collection so far and hope to build my collection further.

Attachments

• e500 Kalba_ Pearls 012.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 012.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 54
  • e500 Kalba_ Pearls 005.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 005.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 50
  • e500 Kalba_ Pearls 010.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 010.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 67
  • Earings_Freshwater.jpg
    Earings_Freshwater.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 54
  • e500 Kalba_ Pearls 003.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 003.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 54
  • e500 Kalba_ Pearls 013.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 013.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 52
  • e500 Kalba_ Pearls 009.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 009.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 45
  • e500 Kalba_ Pearls 006.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 006.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 60
  • e500 Kalba_ Pearls 011.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 011.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 50
These are all HK Freshwater pearls from the Dragon mart shop.
I asked them to prove the pearls were real and they drilled one for me and then done the "lighter" test (why was a bit mad in fairness but is this how you test real fresh water pearls????).

Hope you enjoy the pics - my favourite are the three huge rose pearls in a packet and the strange tooth like (what is the correct name of these conouch is it?) that I have put my Blackberry beside as measurement. Price wise this string was about Dhs5,250 which is about USD$1,420 at today's rate. Is this good price or value?

Thanks in advance

HK Freshwater pearls in Dragon Mart - interesting video

HK Freshwater pearls in Dragon Mart - interesting video

I found these participially interesting in terms of shape and size.

Price wise about Dhs5,250 (USD1,420) and would love to hear peoples thoughts on them and what value they felt they offered.:confused:

Also it is true that it is very easy to catch pearl fever as lately it is all I think about these days!!:eek:

Attachments

• e500 Kalba_ Pearls 007.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 007.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 40
Those are all wonderful pearls, but you can get them all over the world. I mean everywhere, they are typical, beautiful, and extremely common freshwater pearls.

It is like going to Dubai and only eating Chinese food!

Seriously, I hope you never regret you didn't look into getting the natural pearls of the Persian gulf. They are the most legendary, most historical, most valued natural pearls anywhere. They completely have a aura of the Persian Gulf and its history. Dubai was once a major part of the old pearl trade ... whereas you could have bought those Chinese cultured freshwater kind of pearls in Greece. Or Canada. Or online.

I am a huge lover of CFWP as anyone here soon finds out- but, but , but, I also know the heart of the pearl is in the Persian Gulf as nowhere else.

CFWP's from the Gold & Diamond souk - 10.5mm necklace on 18ct white gold

+

CFWP bracelet 7.5mm on 18ct white gold

I wanted to compare prices to Dragon mart and the above were Dhs5,200 for the necklace and Dhs 3,299 for the bracelet.

That's a big difference.

Attachments

• e500 Kalba_ Pearls 016.jpg
    e500 Kalba_ Pearls 016.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 39
Exactly what did you buy for the 5250 Dhs? How much were the flameballs/fireball (your tooth like pearls) a strand? Also where in Dubai can you buy the Persian pearls and know for sure you are getting the real deal?

Back