Paint-clip necklace

T

Taylor

Hi Lowly beaders,
I wanted to show you my paint-clip necklace. Despite its name, I'm proud of it. I bought the pearls individually on eBay, had them drilled by a local jeweler, and strung them myself with the old blue akoyas and ss beads. The original idea was to have a South Seas bracelet in various shades so that I could shop and say: I want a pearl between #1 and #5 in shade. But it turned out so pretty and (cost so much :eek: ) that it will be a gift to my daugther this Christmas along with some big Freshadama earrings. I think the 2 keshi keep it low key and hide the fact that the center pearl is drilled way off center. I love this hobby. Thanks for all your help and hints.

Attachments

• sssmallcoil.jpg
    sssmallcoil.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 36
Hi Taylor,

That is a very youthful design, I like it. Would you adopt a 45-year-old?

Zeide

Hi Taylor
It is thrilling to see you designing and making your own from scratch! And I mean scratch, esp since you even had the drilling done yourself!
Congratulations on a great gift for the daughter.

I don't think the 2 keshis made it low key at all! Very nice!

Sorry Zeide, one daugther is more than enough, but I'm happy y'all like it. I'm glad I got my Christmas shopping done before Jeremy gave away the necklaces. I'm putting his videos in the packages with both my daugther's stuff and a little freshwater pearl and angel coral necklace I made for my son's girlfriend. I hope to encourage some appreciation of pearls.
I do have a general question: where do you usually find strands- hanks:confused: - pearls and other string-able gemstones? I don't want to buy by the kilo. eBay is iffy. One-at-time undrilled is too expensive for most practice pieces. I'm strictly give-away; no sales. Are shows the best source? I'm close to NC but that is a long wait.

The shows have lots of choices all in one place. You will need a resale license or whatever they call it in your state. (You will hav to fill out a monthly form saying you sold nothing that month, but that is easy and takes 2 minutes. I do it online.) BUT then you get into all the big shows and you often can't without it.

There are only 2 shows in Tucson per year. The big one in February and a small one in September. Between shows I shop online and in local bead stores for retail. It is probably similar neer you. so you will plan ahead and do a big shopping at the shows and make up what you need in between.

There are some neat stores online, even on eBay. I like the Pearl Emporium ,Monsoon and coolbead, all on eBay. I often Google the kind of beads I want and explore the choices.

Caitlin Williams said:
I like the Pearl Emporium ,Monsoon and coolbead, all on eBay...[/FONT]

BTW. Monsoon has recently opened a different Ebay Shop - perhaps for higher end items. It looks like moonlighting for the higher end, but some of the designs are worth looking at (THIS ? ;) ). Not a bad idea, considering that the older shop continues to display the beading components :cool: That must have been the whole idea - to reference prices higher. But that is for others to worry about.

Back