Overtones vs Colours

Another form of color. Metallic ripples. The earrings are Kasumi pearls from Lake Kasumiga in Japan. The necklace are Chinese freshwater ripple pearls which look like the Kasumi pearls. In bright light, they look almost solid peach, like the collar band on my t-shirt. But in the shade, the metallic greens and purples come out to play.

fullsizeoutput_3fe.jpg

Now I need to be patient and wait for PP to get more Metallics in. Is there an email list I can join so I don’t miss it?

Oh my giddy aunt, BWeaves! The orient on that necklace! Gorgeous.
They do not look like pearls, more like drops of molten metal.

Now I need to be patient and wait for PP to get more Metallics in. Is there an email list I can join so I don’t miss it?

You should email Jeremy (jeremy@pearlparadise.com) and ask him to look for the things you want when he and Hisano go to the Hong Kong show. Be as specific as you can. If it's there to be found, he'll bring it home from the show.

I had to see a lot of ripples in person before I found a strand I liked. I looked at both Kasumi pearls (expensive) and Chinese freshwater ripples (cheaper), and each pearl is very individual.

Pearl Dreams, I have already been in touch with Lynsey at PP. My requests are being passed to the buying team. ;)
I do not feel I am in any position to go right to the top. Yet. Lol

Last edited:
Thank you, Katbran. I really think I cannot quibble with the quality of the pearls. I think they are very good, indeed.

Back