NOT an eBay Basher but this makes me Mad

Bodecia

Pearl Designer & Collector
CLASSIC ~ UNUSUAL ~ SILVER GREY PEARLS~

GORGEOUS 34? STRAND OF AA+ TAHITIAN SILVER GREY PEARLS WITH SOLID 14K WHITE GOLD CLASP

We are pleased to offer you this fabulous 34? strand of rare natural Tahitian Silver/Grey, AA+ grade 8-9mm, baroque shaped, cultured pearls with excellent lustre and thick nacre.

Hi All,

I am NOT a eBay basher as I do truly believe that many bargains are to be had on eBay and also many sellers are genuine and are trying to just make a few bob - read dollars :) but this seller is starting to make me mad. I have made some great friends due to eBay, some sellers, some buyers.

I bought one item from them because it was on auction and didn't actually state that it was Tahitian. I realised it wasn't before bidding but the clasp was good the pearls were nice so I picked it up at a reasonable to good price. Planned to break and make as I call it but I will call the pearls what they really are and not BS about it. Maybe I will take a loss but that is the game we all play. But now they have upped there adds and this time are out right lying. We all know that none of us could buy a Tahitian necklace for $128 or so dollars off any type, right? Before they were more careful as many sellers are and put the wording something like this - Tahitian Black/Silver coloured, Genuine Pearls :rolleyes: so in actual fact they are not saying that the pearls are tahitian but the colour is. In this add they are saying they are Tahitian. To my way of thinking at least. I guess what has me so mad is they are from my country and I hate to see any Aussie being a complete **** like this.

Most of us cannot be fooled by these so called Tahitians - although sometime I email the seller and act like a total dummy to feel them out. But what about the general populatian that thinks they are getting the real thing and then when an honest seller on eBay, Online or elsewhere sells Tahitians at a good, reasonable and sometimes cheap price they look like they are the rip off merchants. So that is why it makes me so mad. I do realise that eBay does not give a rat's behind as long as they are making money but still there should be a way to make these B+++++ shonky sellers from ripping off people and giving the rest of us a bad name. Also many sellers use generic photos so what what actually bids on is not what one gets. This I think sounds racist and I am not, but it is most often the Chinese. One must tread very carefully around them. I actually found a good one, at least I think I did. The pearl was the genuine Tahitian so maybe he is to be trusted and I will buy from him, and hopefully in bulk.

This type of selling is putting jewellers, general sellers, hobby sellers, mum's at home and everyone in the same S**ty basket. Maybe their sales quota is down for the month or whatever but now they are outright lying and it really annoys me, more so because they are Australians. It is NOT Cricket!!!

Slraep - this is the way I search out bargains and also creeps - by buying, accessing and then I know or hope I have an honest seller. Then I contact them and buy privately. :) Talk to them and am offered better deals. If you think this is easy, you should try it. Takes hours and hours of work at a time. I work 14 plus hours a day to make a lousy $200 a week. Do you? So don't call me Zeide or a Zeide. Actually I quite liked the fussy old dame.

Bodecia - Australian and very, very proud of it.

Attachments

• $128.90USD  Tahitian Pearl necklace Bull S.jpg
    $128.90USD Tahitian Pearl necklace Bull S.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 39
  • NOT Tahitians.jpg
    NOT Tahitians.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 33
I have three words for you after viewing those pics......
Oh. My. Word. :eek:

Hi WeeGem & all,

Yes, it is Oh, my God. It is such a blant lie and the price is low enough to such the unwary and unknowledgable in but high enough to be one of the worst rip offs I have seen. A true bargain -sure :rolleyes: I truly hate this kind of rip off.

I have bought and paid for real Tahitians only to be delivered FW look-a- likes that, I suppose would fool most people that do not have a real Tahitian to compare it to or have never seen a Tahitian pearl. Even a lousy Tahitian pearl which lumps, bumps and missing nacre is a lesson in what a real Tahitian looks like. Sort of :( I will resell those mistakes of mine but with an accurate description of what they are and will lose $$ in the process but my good name is far more important to me and I could not do something like this and don't understand how these sellers can. I have followed their feedback previously and seen where they buy almost all of their stock from. Many of you know it. I have seen it mentioned on the forum e-store.

I can't bear to go thru the rest of their site tonight but I am sure when I do I will find much of the same. LIes. I first spotted this seller a couple of months ago and at that time they weren't actually lying, not straight out like this. But now it is blatant lies, through and through.

It makes me sick.

Bodecia

I think a great idea would for all of us who have shopped on EBay and found good, genuine (or at least decent) products and sellers ought to make a list of names or shops. I've seen a number of members mention that they've found such-and-such seller and were happy and so forth, so why not share? Granted, some of these past good sellers may no longer be around, but I still think it's worth a shot. Maybe to also go with this we can produce a seller "blacklist" or sorts, or ones we know that new shoppers and old shoppers alike ought to avoid.

...unless, I'm behind the times here at the forums and these have already been attempted? ^^; I've always been a good fan of EBay and take all its products with a heavy grain of salt in order not to get my expectations too high.

This is my first post here btw, so high everyone! :p

That sounds like a fine idea to me. The only thing we would need to watch for are eBay sellers coming in and posting (think Armand). There are actually a number of sellers that have been discussed here that make the cut as honest eBay sellers. The problem is that there are so many dishonest sellers the honest ones just get lost in the rubble.

Hi Jeremy,

Yes PearlsAreYou is the culprit in this case. I am positive they know what it is they are selling but just post items as whatever they think will bring in the best money.

A lot of sellers just don't know what they are selling. Just know they are pearls are that is it. A lot don't seem to know the difference between cultured and imitiation and think if grandma had it then it must be worth a lot of money. 30 years old becomes antique :)

Bodecia

Back