Newbie with Questions about Luster and Metallics

Cherries

Hello,
Taking the plunge and finally going to ask you all for advice. I have read and read but still confused. If I want to purchase stud earrings 10mm range, white with the best luster, would I go metallic with a budget under 500$? What about a white strand with best luster, while Iam at it? I want the pearls to POP. I am fair to medium complexion with pink undertones, blonde hair.

oops I meant to post this in freshwaters! I wanted to add that I would be purchasing from PearlParadise. I have chatting with Erin over there and she has been great with my all my questions. She sent me a pic of 3 pairs of 9-10mm metallics white studs, but I cannot get them to load here. I also was considering the Edison metallic studs 11-12mm, I like big but worry they would be too big or heavy? As you you can see I am all over the place and would love any advice!

PP Freshadamas are going to be the roundest and smoothest pearls.
PP metallics are going to have a lovely soap bubble like orient, but will be not perfectly round.
It's a trade-off.
Both types are stunning.

You could always order one of each, and send back what does not suit you. PP has a wonderful return policy.

As far as earrings are concerned. My ears have a weight limit. I have 12mm drops, but they get uncomfortable by the end of the day. 9 mm drops are comfy. I haven't tried studs bigger than 8 mm. For big studs, you'll want a big earring back to support the weight so the stud does not droop.

Here's a link to a comparison of pearl sizes. Scroll down to see the same model in different sizes of studs.

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...ls-Pearl-Size-Comparison-Guide&highlight=stud

Thank you Bweaves, I like the soapy bubble orient very much, so it sounds like metallics will be what I want. Thank you very much for all the info, I appreciate it!

I can handle studs up to 12mm, but I prefer no larger than 11mm. BWeaves is right about the need for a good sized earring back.

My daughter is fair like you and she looks great with my Freshadama strand with silver rose overtones. I find that tone blends in with my skin too much and prefer the whiter tones of SSP.

I prefer the luster of my baroque akoyas and my metallic white FWP over the luster of the Freshadama strand. But the Freshadama strand is rounder.

If you think you want to go large, maybe save up for some SSP?

Thank you Pearl Dreams, I have read many of your past posts and find your knowledge of pearls so helpful!!

There is a gorgeous pair of metallic edisons posted on the black friday sale thread. They look like soap bubbles and are absolutely gorgeous.
I saw those, they are so gorgeous!! I was concerned they might be too big or heavy for my ear. I have been considering the Edison studs since Saturday.

Back