Newbie Pearls

KatiePearl

I thought I'd post some pics of some of my pearls. Trying to figure out how to post pics, so it may take a few attempts.

This is a pair of earrings I bought in Chinatown in San Fran. I think they are South Sea pearls, but I am not sure. They are silver-grey and have a softer luster. Love 'em! I wear them with everything.

Haha! It worked. Okay. Lemme add more.

Attachments

• PearlEarrings1.jpg
    PearlEarrings1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 33
Here is a gold leather necklace with pearls and cz's tied into it. I think it's 100 inches. I wrap and wrap it around my neck and it has 2 briolettes on the end that I let dangle down. I know- no neck shot. I'll get one!

Attachments

• LeatherNeck.jpg
    LeatherNeck.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 45
  • LeatherNeck1.jpg
    LeatherNeck1.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 43
These are my natural white Hanadamas. I couldn't get a good shot of the blue-pink luster :( Gorgeous in person!

Attachments

• Hanadama.jpg
    Hanadama.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 43
  • Hanadama1.jpg
    Hanadama1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 45
These are natural color purplish keshis from Kojima Pearl. Whoa. These are fantabulous! The luster is amazing. It's 50" long with a clasp so I can double or triple it. Sarah also made me earrings with 2 of the pearls.

Attachments

• Keshi.jpg
    Keshi.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Keshi1.jpg
    Keshi1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Keshi2.jpg
    Keshi2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 40
Those are just gorgeous. I love my natural white hanadamas, too, and your purplish pearls are beauties. Definitely need a neck shot of the leather necklace! ;)

Thanks! I started out trying to find a pendant to match the earrings, but quickly realized I had to match the pearl in person. That, and finding a setting with diamonds that were big enough to go with the earrings was also difficult (I hate diamond chippies. Blech). So I started looking at strands... and ended up with hanadamas! :D This is SO much fun! Neck shot coming soon...

Okay, here's a neck shot. It's super funky and casual. Looks great on bare skin too.

Attachments

• P1000257.jpg
    P1000257.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 40
  • P1000260.jpg
    P1000260.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 48
Katie:

Beautiful pearls!! And I see you also shop at PP and Kojima. (Two of my personal favorites.) Those natural white akoya are to die for aren't they?;) And I adore the CFW. Sarah gets the best colors.:D Lovely neck pictures of the gold leather cord melange'. Makes even a T shirt look classy. What fun.:) Thank you for sharing.

barbie

Wow, lovely collection you are putting together! I really appreciate the quality and variety of styles you have. You're showing people how to wear pearls for real. :)

Back