New goodies from mother's day sales

My Kamoka studs should reach me on Monday. Till then here is the picture from the site.
20171206-JEH-untitled-171206-0535-Edit_1024x1024.jpg

Oh, I see the T bug has got you! T's are so beautiful and colorful, aren't they? You're collection is wonderful! I esp love the colors in your bracelet!

I am thinking of making an 18 inch pearl chain for the pendant, with tiny (2-3 mm) pearls. Will it look better than the gold chain?

I think the way you have it now is pretty, but it may also look pretty on what you're describing.. what kind of tiny pearls were you envisioning?

My Kamoka studs arrived. I don't know if I am seeing it under fluroscent lights but I am a bit disappointed I am not seeing pink or gold. It was described as golden pink.IMG_20180521_104839.jpg

@Katbran yes I am thinking of using a lower k gold short chain. The 22k gold was contrasting too much.

Lighting is everything when it comes to seeing overtones, which can be subtle.

I see a warm shade of pink there in your last 2 photos.

My Kamoka studs arrived. I don't know if I am seeing it under fluroscent lights but I am a bit disappointed I am not seeing pink or gold. It was described as golden pink.View attachment 60026

In this photo, look carefully at the surface...you should be able to see the outline of golden green around the light reflections. I can also detect a subtle pink in this lighting. Tahitians are funny birds. Their colors can brighten or fade in different lighting. Personally, I think they are lovely studs.

Yes the colors came out in the shade. The pearls have incredible luster. I wore them entire day yesterday and have fallen in love now. These are chameleon pearls.

I am badly hooked. I haven't received all my purchases yet and I have made a wishlist of at least 10 items. It's not funny anymore. I have never felt like this about any other jewelry. On top of my wishlist is the Kamoka bright green studs.

It is so important to look at pearls under the correct lighting conditions. I take photos of Tahitians and Multicoloured pearls in at least 4 different light settings. Indoors with overheads.. indoors with indirect window light ... outdoors in the shade...outdoors in full sun. The colours are dramatically different and if you are expecting the 'in the shade' colours you won't see them in any other lighting. I'm glad that you love them ... it's just understanding what to expect. They are gorgeous !!

Thanks Katbran. I guess I had my initial expectations wrong. These really are gorgeous.

Hi suchi! Your pearl collection is so gorgeous!
I would suggest the water test if you want to see pearls' overtones more easily, since some pearls can be more complex than they look. Just put your pearls in a white container with clean water and the colors just pop! I find this method helpful when I want to buy pearls with certain overtones, like Sea of Cortez, Edison or tahitian. It is very fun too and makes you love your pearls even more!

Wowww Nnguye thanks so much for the awesome suggestion. I put all my pearls in a white cup filled with water and here are the results. It's a fantastic tip.
IMG_20180522_205443.jpgIMG_20180522_205417.jpgIMG_20180522_205722.jpg

Back