My second Edison pearl

StarryPearl

Happy Sunday (or Monday for friends in Asia and Europe) everyone!

It was funny when I typed "My " in the title, the system automatically popped up four "My first xxxxxx" titles I used before. But this time it's my second Edison pearl. :p

This is a 13.5mm plumpy drop that I bought to make myself a pendant. However, after playing with it on my fingers for a while, I am not that sure.

This pearl seems to have 2 sides, one side violet-red-golden-green (a tad more red than in the picture), the other completely plum, from either side you do not expect this different look on the other side. I'd also like to share a picture of the fun "edge" where the two color patterns join, so that you will believe I'm showing you one pearl, not two. It's very interesting, isn't it? :D
IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

Lay the plum side on the back of my hand - really need some hand cream:mad2: so I blurred the background:
IMG_2934.jpg

Then I turned it upside down and saw the beautiful bottom - shall I make it into a ring instead of a pendant?
IMG_2916.jpg

make it bigger:
IMG_2916.jpg

What would you do with this pearl if you were me? :D

Wow! Such colors! I would actually make a pendant and set it so that you can turn it for two different expressions. A 2-in-1 pendant :)

I agree! A pendant would allow you to see ALL OF THE PEARL'S BEAUTY. A ring would be gorgeous too, but only half the beauty of this bi-colored pearl :love:

3 votes for pendant! Thank you all! :D

When I started to get unsure what to make, I was concerned that a pendant could only show one side of the pearl, as only one side faces out, while a ring can show the whole pearl. TBH I am surprised you all think the other way around... Did I miss something?:06:

Wow! Such colors! I would actually make a pendant and set it so that you can turn it for two different expressions. A 2-in-1 pendant :)

I love your 2-in-1 pendant idea, KarinK! Need to give it some thought.

I thought of making a "turnable" ring, haven't decided yet.

3 votes for pendant! Thank you all! :D

When I started to get unsure what to make, I was concerned that a pendant could only show one side of the pearl, as only one side faces out, while a ring can show the whole pearl. TBH I am surprised you all think the other way around... Did I miss something?:06:

If your pendant bail is simple or offers two faces...you can enjoy the pearl 360: all over :D

A ring will always highlight one side of the pearl (the top), unless you get creative with a spinning setting. The pear shape makes it an extra challenge. Choose a bail that looks good on both sides and you can have either side face forward depending on your mood. Use the pendant on a long chain and you can look at both sides whenever you like.

Thanks, Douglas and Lady_Disdain. Now I see what I missed here: I was just thinking of regular length chain, so only one side faces forward. Long chain and double sided bail definitely solves that. :D

That is a beautiful pearl, StarryPearl! I vote for a pendant, too, as it would be a shame to only have one surface showing. I find these round,
hoop-shaped bails lend themselves to more movement, especially when dangling from a long chain, and there is no front or back. Bails with a flat surface tend to keep it facing one direction.

Examples are: a bumpy bail from Kojima, and two of Hisano’s diamond bails.
Click image for larger version  Name:	18C6DB20-B7A5-4302-BF7A-24D7035B1EBC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	83.9 KB ID:	453730
Click image for larger version  Name:	83BC5B09-17B1-4AAE-8B00-FCEB2AAC5F1D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	453731
Click image for larger version  Name:	370ABEF0-6C64-4E69-B9F7-9E83DEEACE23.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	528.8 KB ID:	453732

Oh my! Love the bumpy Kojima pendant, the pearl is magnificent!
Little h's pieces are so "flavorful"...the dainty pearls on the "pearl chains", the bail just matches the color of the pearls...I feel I could eat them for dessert.
Great pics by the way!

jeg, your pearls are stunning:D! I also like how you arranged the pearls on the necklace, very feminine. Thanks for your opinion, too!

Back