My Mothers Pearls

MJL

Hi All,
I am brand new to this forum. I really need expert help. My mother passed away many years ago. My Father used to take business trips to Japan and ever time he came home he brought her her favorite, pearls. This was back in the Late 60's and 70's. I now have several of her pieces and I would like to know their value. How would I go about finding out? I believe they are all real, not cultured pearls. Someone told me I could post pic of them on this website and get a really good idea of what they are worth. I really haven't found a jeweler I trust to know what they are doing when it comes to pearls. I am in Southern California. Any help guidance would be appreciated. Also if taking pice for this site, is there anything in particular I need to know when taking the picture? Special background? Particular shots, I need to get to be accurate?
Thanks for all that help,
M.J.

Take photos in indirect daylight on a non-reflective white surface, like a paper towel. Use the macro setting on your camera if you have one (the little flower). Close ups help us to judge the quality.

Can't wait to see them! :)

Thank you so much!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Take photos in indirect daylight on a non-reflective white surface, like a paper towel. Use the macro setting on your camera if you have one (the little flower). Close ups help us to judge the quality.

Can't wait to see them! :)

I will take the photos tomorrow!
All the best,
M.J.

Back