My Klonk Earrings

Bodecia

Pearl Designer & Collector
Hi,

Here are two pair of CFWP earrings I made up recently. Have been meaning to post them for a while. The largest pearl is 24 mm so just shy of an inch long. The other peanut shaped pearls have set on top. Actually they aren't all that heavy but then I haven't worn them for any length of time :)

Bodecia

Attachments

• My CFWP earrings.JPG
    My CFWP earrings.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 35
Fantastic! Just keep posting pictures, Bo, you are contributing to pearl history!:D

Is that 23k Thai (or what kind?) gold such as Care Ehret uses?

Fantastic! Just keep posting pictures, Bo, you are contributing to pearl history!

Is that 23k Thai (or what kind?) gold such as Care Ehret uses?

Thanks Caitlin,

I will keep posting photos and asking questions. Only way to learn. I will post some of my necklaces and bracelets another time. And I will also post photos of pearls I am not sure of, whether or not I am interesting in buying them. I just don't like not knowing what something is or not being sure.

Yes, it is 22 K gold very similar to what Care Ehret uses although I think I bought the earwires from asianbeads. The wire used to thread them is 18 K from another seller and the 22 k beads might have been from Care. I search high and low for all the components but mostly I search for pearls :D

Bodecia or Bo :)

Lovely nacre & color on those pearls! And great job, Bodecia! I love the color of the 20 & 22 k gold. Do you think one has to use the little plastic stoppers on the ear wire to make sure they dont fall off?? Love the colored gems, ruby or spinel?

Pattye

Hi Pattye and thanks,

I think they are beautiful pearls. A couple of little flaws on the backs of the biggest ones but nothing to worry about. I don't think the plastic stoppers would be really necessary but it might be a good idea :) I would hate to lose pearls I valued. I nearly used bigger, longer earwires but they are so expensive I thought I should keep them for when I make up some Kasumi earrings. The plastic stoppers are cheap enough to have a set for every pair of earrings.

The gems are Spinel. I prefer spinel to ruby and can buy much cleaner spinels than rubies.

Bodecia

Back