My cheapo WSS bracelet.

asurazzy

Hi everybodeehh! I just got my cheapo white southsea pearls bracelet I bought from etsy. The vendor name is TheGypsyPearlCo.

I bought it for 170 US$. I like it cause its baroques n BIG. Size from 12.3 to 15.58 mm. It have 13 pearls in the bracelet. Maybe Ill take it apart and turn some of the pearls into earrings or something. Its not high quality but I really like it. The tahitian bracelet I also bought it from them. Its low quality but big with nice color.

Anyway..thats my report for tday!

Attachments

• 20171103_180156.jpg
    20171103_180156.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20171103_174623.jpg
    20171103_174623.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 34
Asurazzy, you are incredible! Your choise to like cheap is pleasant : a little bit of freshness and creative feeling in the middle of an ocean of so "decent" pearls...

Thanks Eric! Better give me special price and big discount for your carved pearls so I can afford it hahaha!

It would be difficult, asurazzy... If my carved pearls don't satisfy you at their prices, that doesn't matter : it's your own taste and not negotiable. You like cheap, and my work is not, that's simple. Anyway, my pearls must be appreciate as fine objects, first, not only to make the show.
Now, you can't imagine the real work that they give me, between carving and manage everything around : the only count of hours makes my prices lower than these of a plumber! That while normally, my pearls would have to be so more priced as unique pieces of art, because price of art is out of a working time question. Just I must wait to meet enthusiasts knowing real creation value, and, first, making difference between art and craft.

Last edited:
It would be difficult, asurazzy... If my carved pearls don't satisfy you at their prices, that doesn't matter : it's your own taste and not negotiable. You like cheap, and my work is not, that's simple. Anyway, my pearls must be appreciate as fine objects, not only to make the show.
Now, you can't imagine the real work that they give me, between carving and manage everything around : the only count of hours makes my prices lower than these of a plumber! That while normally, my pearls would have to be so more priced as unique pieces of art, because price of art is out of a working time question. Just I must wait to meet enthousiasts knowing real creation value, and, first, making difference between art and craft.

Haiiyaaaa I was just kidding.
But...Ohhhhh Im the kind of person who does not knowing about real creation and value huh?? I can not aprreciate a fine object? What kind of fine object that can not make the show anyway?
I like cheap because im a poor pearl buyer that cant spent much on expensive things. Im a working class that have to pay bills. I like cheap things that looks expensive. Worth the price. Not sure your things looks the price tags tho. As you said I'm not sophisticated enough to appreciate your creation. So better spent what little money I have on something else like galatea.

Please, keep calm, Asurrazy : when I talk about the difference to do between fine object and the show, it's not at all to attack you! I have said that I appreciate your creative feeling to choise your jewels, and I really think what I say. So, maybe you might find an other artistic work better for you than mine, even I wish you that! It is not a question of sophistication, just to decide to pay the price for something you love, but sometimes, it's not possible. I have the same problem, myself, with pearls I should want to buy for carving, because it would be my right feeling, but I can't... Now, you talk to me about an other carved pearl supply... More expensive that mine, even if, sure, carvers working these serial productions will never become rich, doing that. Other exemple, with certain faceted pearls : we can appreciate or not, I do, but to pay 500 dollars once, selled by ten minimum, seems to me a little expensive for a serial mechanical production. So, you are not sure that my things are on the right price, but it would be discussed for so many other things...

Last edited:
Come at me bro! Kidding again.
Ya so sorry Eric that I'm not yet in that majestic level of appreciation or understanding of the artistic real sophisticated value of your arts.

I'm just a pure consumer here. You are talking to a person that purely will only buy pearls. I'm am not an artist, not reseller. Just a pure potential consumer. I work hard for my money. I Just want to spend it for things I deemed worthy in my own personal opinion and taste. Wish me for a promotion and pay rise on my salary then I'll get all your craft oooh I mean arts! I promiseedddd!

That's Wilma Flintstone worthy!!!

I'm starting to view those old cartoons differently. I used to think Wilma was wearing rocks, but now I'm sure they're pearls.

Come at me bro! Kidding again.
Ya so sorry Eric that I'm not yet in that majestic level of appreciation or understanding of the artistic real sophisticated value of your arts.

I'm just a pure consumer here. You are talking to a person that purely will only buy pearls. I'm am not an artist, not reseller. Just a pure potential consumer. I work hard for my money. I Just want to spend it for things I deemed worthy in my own personal opinion and taste. Wish me for a promotion and pay rise on my salary then I'll get all your craft oooh I mean arts! I promiseedddd!

You are sympathetic Asurazzy. You have a passion and use of many efforts to satisfy it. I like that, because I'm in the same case. It's not important you see me as an artist or a craft, just show me your nice pearls, it will be sufficient. So, I should want to find such nice as yours, maybe priced to allow me to buy them.

Last edited:
That's Wilma Flintstone worthy!!!

I'm starting to view those old cartoons differently. I used to think Wilma was wearing rocks, but now I'm sure they're pearls.

I was literally just thinking the same thing as i looked at the pictures.

Woah!. Those are some massive babies!.

You could make a tin cup bracelet and big earrings to match!

Thank you everybody! I was thinking to make a necklace out of them so I bought another. The other bracelet is smaller tho. 11 to 13 mm WSS. Maybe can make it as graduated necklace??? Ill post pic of it when I get it. I want to learn how to know with this one as well. Beader secrets will deliver to aus right? Should get the white one with it? Silvery or ivory or grey?? Hhhh...now have to think about clasp...

Eric you know me, I need a wrist slap here and there. I've been eyeing some of your arts there and want some of them. But I gotta wait till I find a fairy god mother to turn my husband into Richard Branson. Then I'll get aaallll your arts! And make pretty things out of them that I can show off.

Thank you everybody! I was thinking to make a necklace out of them so I bought another. The other bracelet is smaller tho. 11 to 13 mm WSS. Maybe can make it as graduated necklace??? Ill post pic of it when I get it. I want to learn how to know with this one as well. Beader secrets will deliver to aus right? Should get the white one with it? Silvery or ivory or grey?? Hhhh...now have to think about clasp...

Eric you know me, I need a wrist slap here and there. I've been eyeing some of your arts there and want some of them. But I gotta wait till I find a fairy god mother to turn my husband into Richard Branson. Then I'll get aaallll your arts! And make pretty things out of them that I can show off.

I can't wait to see what you make with them.
Also when your fairy godmother is done turning your husband into Richard Branson ask her to send some of that money magic this way ;)

Azurazzy, I don’t believe Eric was trying to insult you. He was trying to compliment you. English as a second language is very difficult and things often get lost in translation or come out more blunt than would otherwise be intended. Plus, google translate offers literal translations, not meaningful ones, and this can cause issues as well. As an example “inexpensive” in French is “pas cher” (literally “not expensive”) but in google translate it translates to “cheap” - which in English has connotations of perceived value/worth/quality in addition to price that is not contained in the original phrasing in French (which only describes price and not a statement of perceived value or quality). So try to be kind, ok?

Jwymark, Ill sent that magic money right away!
Cmd think I'm kind enough. Thought he implied that Im not an enthusiast, I don't know real value and can not differentiate between art and craft just because I chose to get cheap pearl thingy than his pearl arts. Then my fangs and claws got out. Well in my eyes if its arts or craft or rubbish but if I like it I will get it. I thought. But he didnt mean that. I understand this is just misunderstanding and google translate problem as well. English is also my second language btw. He's good, I'm good, all good.

Katbran, this on stretch bracelet as well and it look like big white seeds!

Cmd think I'm kind enough. Thought he implied that Im not an enthusiast, I don't know real value and can not differentiate between art and craft just because I chose to get cheap pearl thingy than his pearl arts. Then my fangs and claws got out. Well in my eyes if its arts or craft or rubbish but if I like it I will get it. I thought. But he didnt mean that. I understand this is just misunderstanding and google translate problem as well. English is also my second language btw. He's good, I'm good, all good.

Yeah, I know. It’s how it came out but I don’t think it was intended that way. I think he was just saying that he appreciated your enthusiasm and joie de vie on a limited budget (which we’ve all had/have). We all appreciate that about you and your finds. I’m personally excited to see neck shots of your new strand.

Thank you cmd2014 for your esteem. It's true that trying to talk in an other language than mine, misunderstandings are easy to do.
Asurazzy, did you, please, believe I have not wanted to devalue you. I like your enthusiasm, as cmd2014 explains that better than me. The difference between art and craft is not important, also, the only to be is what you want to wear!:)

Back