Misrepresentation or miseducation?

I ordered a few things from ebay Chinese pearl sellers and posted what I got and how I got a full refund. The photos showed a beautiful Tahitian strand and I got a really poor quality potato shaped, dyed, chinese freshwater necklace. Basically, you don't get what is in the picture. If you read the negative and neutral comments, you'll see many people post the quality is not the same. What they fail to recognize is that the pearls are completely different because most people don't know enough about pearls.

I wish ebay had a way to do searches so no Chinese sellers would show up. HK sellers used to be honest, but I've seen a couple of lying HK sellers lately. I've also noticed some Chinese ebayers are selling expensive pearls with just one picture. It saddens me to think some innocent people are getting conned. Another seller is showing pictures of their store, but I see the same store pictures in another seller's auctions- so either one or both of them are lying or they are both the same seller (and possibly still lying).

Well I do have to say that Pearlunar has always delivered exactly as photo'd. They have really good pic's and the descriptions are accurate , at least for the earring pearls and ages ago I bought two little oval strands of very lustrous freshwaters - little 6-7mm super shiny strands.

And way back I had things from Lei Family and their stuff was pretty accurate as well.

Can't speak for any of the others

Apparently there is a HK seller called XMT (I abbreviate the name intentionally) which sells dyed nuked fwp as gssp. And white nuked fwp listed as wssp, size big according to their info. Don't know what quality you will get with that money they ask.

Back