Mikimoto

J

jenm410

i need some help on selling mikimoto pearls. Where would i go??? do i go to a jeweler?? Please help on and info.

Attachments

• miki.jpg
    miki.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jen
I looks like you have the box and the clasp. Got a certificate?

Frankly, I would sell them on eBay.

Do some research first, but with the clasp and the box, they generally get good prices on ebay- even without a reserve. People seem to know what they are worth and bid well on Mikis with box and clasp.. We have several examples over in the eBay section of mikis that sold well, even not so pretty ones. I put up at least 3 threads on the subject, myself.

Caitlin Williams said:
Hi Jen
I looks like you have the box and the clasp. Got a certificate?

Frankly, I would sell them on eBay.

Do some research first, but with the clasp and the box, they generally get good prices on ebay- even without a reserve. People seem to know what they are worth and bid well on Mikis with box and clasp.. We have several examples over in the eBay section of mikis that sold well, even not so pretty ones. I put up at least 3 threads on the subject, myself.
what should i ask for them??

jshepherd said:
I agree with Caitlin. Wow! Recommending eBay! Mikis seem to do pretty well on eBay, and it is going to be a challenge selling them elsewhere.
any advice on what to ask for them?

mikimoto

mikimoto

Im thinking about selling these on ebay...does anyone know what i should ask for them???? I have a certificate, but not filled out.

Attachments

• miki.jpg
    miki.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 42
jenm410 said:
Im thinking about selling these on ebay...does anyone know what i should ask for them???? I have a certificate, but not filled out.
here are some more pics.

Attachments

• miki1.jpg
    miki1.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 43
  • miki2.jpg
    miki2.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 43
Hi Jen,

You can check other auctions that already have closed, but the lower your opening bid, the higher the bidding will go. There is one proviso, though. Do not ask less than US$200 to open. Anything below that would be considered a con and no serious bidder will be interested.

Zeide

I put up at least 3 threads on the subject, myself.

Hi Jen
A thread is each one of these topics with all its answers. Here are 2 threads with Mikis that sold welll: Click on them and read them
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568

If you decide to sell on eBay- put up several pictures. Show close ups of clasp in one shot, a shot of the certificate- It does not matter that it is not signed by local jeweler- and have a shot of the mikis in the open box. The clasp, the box, and certificate, are how buyers know they are authentic mikimotos and they will not be afraid to bid.

Use those auctions as examples of how to word yours. Selling on eBay is a learning curve in itself--be sure to follow the directions.

What should be the least i should settle for them or my reserve if i put them on ebay.
thanks jen

Hi Jen
Take a deep breath and relax a litlle.

Your pearls are worth whatever the market will pay. If you want an appraisal for insurance purposes, you can pay a minimum of $150 an hour so an expert can actually look at and handle the pearls before giving you an answer.

Asking someone to answer with a $dollar amount, over the internet, is not going to get you a good answer.

Looking at the mikimoto pearl articles on this forum and making up your own price from an average of other sales would get you a fairly decent answer- as good as any, but you never know until you put them up.

The more juicy your copy about how beautiful and gorgeous they are or how slinky they feel, or with words like breathtaking and sumptuous in the sales description, you should fire up some bidders.

If you sell these on ebay, trust the market. Decide on your minimum, as Zeide said $200 is good. It is very cheap for a Miki-mo clasp and a box, so people will bid it up.

Actually eBay buyers are often pretty good for knowing the market value on Mikimotos. They are a known brand , so I would be very surprised if it did not sell for a similar price to other such necklaces-

Back