Mele Kalikimaka from the traveling pearl

JEG, so much fun! Happy Holidays to you! Love your shell necklaces, Tahitians and all the real and faux pearl designs!

Maybe we can do a challenge in January and create our own "Pearl Embellishments" on clothing or accessories? IMO, cfwp could easily be hand washed on a garment.

Pearls are everywhere. I still haven't succumbed to pearl clothing. I'm always disappointed in the pearls, and wonder how to wash them. I could go for pearl shoes though.

I'm the same - I could do some shoes!

Thanks everyone for following along and adding your contributions!

Pattye- I would be up for January embellishments!

I am bummed... I went to the Maui Divers Design Center hoping I would be able to take some photos of real pearls today, but they don’t allow any photography there. The jewelers are all behind a glass wall working on jewelry. They create all their own designs and there are many shops throughout the islands. There is only one showroom floor now. Years ago there were two.

I purchased a pair of Tahitian keshi posts. I was tempted by the matching necklace, but passed...
0A232D11-195B-4C61-8782-141DDEDA61D4.jpg

I passed another sand person today
B9BD9BA2-1127-4276-B1C8-BE697DC35982.jpg

Arialle, those are really dressy party shoes! Thanks for posting them!

Thank you, Katbran! I really love keshi posts. I liked the way they sat on my ears so well, I forgot to ask. I am guessing a little over 10mm.

JEG,

Aww, seeing the Maui Divers at their benches would be so interesting. Too bad about the no photo rule. Love the sand-snow-man! Triple love the keshi earrings!

Yes, I'll work on an "Embellishment Challenge" for January.

JEG, when you are no longer a First-Graft pearl, I vote to rename you "Traveling Pearl."

All the shoes and slides with pearls, very eye-catching!

Thanks JP and Pattye!

They do lots of jewelry. Black coral is their thing, as that is what their business, originally a dive company, was founded on. They also have many heirloom Hawaiian designs- plumeria, etc. They have all types of pearls in their shops and also own the Island Pearls brand. Those stores are everywhere, too, and specifically have pearls. They also own all the Pick a Pearl kiosks, which I know will make every grown, but they are a big tourist draw.

Pattye, what a great name! You are so clever-

A happy surprise, Kehau was at the show I went to yesterday. I purchased this mother of pearl pendant she had carved. It has a pistachio colored T hanging from it. The other T’s are from PP.

4C79283A-A7D7-4608-ACAE-21A8B38D2125.jpg

I am flying back home to chilly weather tomorrow. Mahalo for traveling with us!

Also, thank you, Marianne and Katbran!!!

(Hula girl gingerbread cookie for breakfast this morning!)
96319705-690D-45C6-A49C-95E9FF94E52B.jpg

Hula Girl Gingerbread!!! ??? Love it, jeg, with THANKS! Such a pleasant journey in light of our snow :)

Thank you, Cathy! Brrr... at least I am not returning to snow. Although it’s so pretty, but I already experience too much of a temperature shock when I get home...

Wow, what a great pendant. We need close-ups!!!!

Have a safe trip home.

Thank you for the travel posts. Love the sand men and the gingerbread hula girl was the best.

We have snow here. It's not so bad.

Loved this post! All your pearls are beautiful but the new one from Kojima is my favorite! I was off pearl-guide for a few weeks and missed a lot of posts! Welcome home!

Back