Local pearl farms

LANIFAILEE

How would i go about finding local pearl farms? Maybe there is someone(s) on here that live in my state at least and know of some. I live in fwb fl btw. If anyone can shed any light on this topic please feel free to post.

MODERATOR MODE:
Please keep all of these in the same thread. And please reduce the size of your signature. It is way too loud.

I already answered that in the first thread you commented on. The answer is Guaymas Mexico is the closest pearl farm. There are no pearl farms in the continental US and not any more in Hawaii.

Pearl farms are not common for a reason, so read up to find out why.

Ask more questions when you have read something.

That article is 6 years old and nothing came of it. https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541&p=94468#post94468
is the thread I just talked about several pearl farms connected to this forum. The one in guaymas in the only one in North America unless Lagoon Island pearls get going.

You can read here about some old freshwater farms in the US, but nothing commercial has happened here in years. Do you know what kind of pearl you want to grow? Did you know there are two basic kinds of pearls, freshwater and salt water? Freshwater pearls come from mussels, not oysters.

Back