Jewelry ideas for some akoyas and tahitian

Elias

Hello everyone.

I recently bought some pearls. One tahitian multicolored necklace and some akoyas strands.
I wanted to ask for your opinions and ideas.

1- The tahitian have nice pearls but I didn't liked so much the color scheme. Do you think it is a good idea to try other composition? Maybe remove the brown ones and do something with those in another project?

2- Based on the pictures would you do something with the akoyas? One of the larger ones look pinkish in person, the other whiter, and the smaller, 7mm, creamier. I was thinking to choose the most valuable one and put something like diamond roundels between the pearls. Do you like this idea? Are they worth the investment?

3- the larger whiter ones go better with white gold? And the more pink colored better with yellow gold?

4- if they were yours what would you do? Nothing is an option, if you think they are not worth the effort. Any answer is very welcome.

Thank you all.
akoya strands
akoya strands
Tahitian strand
Tahitian strand up close

You can make anything you want with those pearls. If you don't like it you can always remake them. I often mix tahitians and akoyas. If the akoyas are graduated you can make a wavestrand or waverope. You can mix the pearls randomly or evenly. You can arrange them according to size or mix them. Strand or rope or make tincups. You will probably have lots of fun.

Try to look through Charlotta's thread. It is full of inspiration. There are really no rules except, "what do You like?"

You scored very nice pearls Elias!!!! So much fun to be had!!!!

I agree with KarinK just go over Charlottas thread for inspiration, so much you can do!
Akoyas - bubble necklace, wave necklace, mix in some gemstones...
Tahitians - play with the colors, sometimes they pop up next to each other and other times they cancel each other out...If there is a color or a pearl you dont like put it aside...look at it under diffrenet lights, different times of the day, next to your skin... If you still dont like it put it into your stash pile, maybe some of your friends will fancy it...
You can do ombre, you can again mix in some gemstones, there is really no limit... Show us what you come up with!

Thank you Charlotta, Karink and eolian pearls. So I saw some of Charlotta My Pearls thread and is really amazing. Charlotta, you have good taste, and a very good eye for colour. Also your knots are almost invisible. Great great pieces. Congrats.

I remembered of this old ring we have that she don't wears anymore. Do you think I should remake it as a kind of brooch that fits the pearls as it was a clasp? Or maybe do a necklace with it with the larger pearls as a double strand necklace? Or just do a single one with the pinker larger pearls?

double strand necklacepearl strandDouble strand of pearls

Thank you Elias ,that ring would make a wonderful clasp or enhancer. Or you could have someone make jumprings (and remove the ring part) so that the pearls could be attatched to it in front, like a pendant, but fixed. I would probably go for a single strand with that ring modified in front.

Thank you Charlotta, Karink and eolian pearls. So I saw some of Charlotta My Pearls thread and is really amazing. Charlotta, you have good taste, and a very good eye for colour. Also your knots are almost invisible. Great great pieces. Congrats.

I remembered of this old ring we have that she don't wears anymore. Do you think I should remake it as a kind of brooch that fits the pearls as it was a clasp? Or maybe do a necklace with it with the larger pearls as a double strand necklace? Or just do a single one with the pinker larger pearls?

Great ideas, it would be so versatile made into a sort of brooch with jumps rings that fold behind so that you could use it either as a clasp or as a pendant. That way, you could use it with all your strands, depending on the mood of the day.

This is what I was thinking about - the pendant bit that folds behind the brooch...
pendant bit that folds behind the brooch

Thank you Charlotta and Happy Huku. So, Happy Huku, with that brooch part I would be able to close the pendant in any part of the necklace I want, like a shortener? And should I put two jump rings to work as a clasp? One on each side?

Umm, sorry, hadn't got to thinking that far in the design process!
That is the back of an antique brooch, never worn with pearls. I wanted to show you the ring that folds behind so that when you wear it as a brooch, you don't see the ring.
In other words, when you use your ex ring as a clasp, you wouldn't see the jump ring.
The brooch part on that old brooch is too tight to close over pearls so you would have to rethink that one.
Perhaps look at how shorteners close over pearls and add a folding back jump ring to that?
There are pictures of great shorteners on this forum but I don't remember which threads.
Love the idea of that ring as a clasp/shortener/pendant!

Hello everyone.

I'm back to your opinions and help to finish the first necklace of those pearls. Yes it took me all this time lol.

Here is the picture that the lady who is the professional threader sent me to my approval so that she can make the final necklace.

I included those gold spacers between every two pearls. The good thing about this necklace is that the pendant opens in the back so in the future I will be able to use another one if i do find anything in similar size.
She has the matching earrings for that pendant. Should I change anything?

Thank you all.

Elias

professional threader sent me to my approval so that she can make the final necklace

Really Nice! Love the result!

Back