Jeremy's Untreated Freshwater Pearls

Hey boo, thanks for posting the photo. Beautiful necklace! I am loving mine as well.

Great on you, Boo!

Thanks for the photo! You look wonderful in the strand! I am wearing my every chance I get!! My friends are in Total Shock that a handsome man of my sons' age, that I had never even met, would send me such beautiful pearls!!!!!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Last edited by a moderator:
Boo,

Those look Great on you, I missed out on those maybe next time.. I keep saying that maybe It will actually happen LOL

Those pearls look great!

Cheers
Ash

looks good and nice to see a picture of someone actually wearing pearls not just a close up.

Thanks for the compliments! I confess that I hesitated a bit since I'm not exactly model material, and also because I look so darned grim (it was freezing cold and blustery and I really wanted to get back inside the house!). I'd seen a few posts in the past bemoaning the lack of people actually posing with their pearls and I decided what the heck - Casey wants a people pic, I'll post a people pic. What's nice is to see that it is perhaps infectious (way to go, sweetfrock!)

Pattye, you mentioned about your friends' reactions - I teased Jeremy a bit about my husband's initial concern over my getting jewelry in the mail from some strange man (mu husband was mortified when I told him I did that and wants everybody here to know that they can send me pearls anytime they want to:p )

Just saw your email, Casey. Sorry did not see it before. I just came back to place this link to the untreated section:
http://www.pearlparadise.com/freshwater-pearls-special1.html

I figured this would be a good place to put it as anyone who really liked the pictures would be following this thread.

Treatments!

Freshwater pearls universally go the factory after harvest. But what happens there can change. There are three factory levels in freshwater. Some factories combine all three levels, others just one or two, others just one aspect of a single level.

The first level is the material factory. Here the pearls are separated for size.
The second level is also a material level. Here pearls are separated for shape and often quality. These two levels are often combined, and this is where you need to purchase if you want untreated goods. Here the pearls have only been washed.

The third level is where the processing takes place. After this stage the pearls are likely treated. The caveat is that you cannot purchase in an earlier stage unless you have the third stage available to you. You can contract this, but it is a volume game.

In the third level the pearls are drilled, bleached, treated for luster, and matched on temp strands and hanks. The bleach treatment you are all aware of, the luster involves heat and chemicals.

Basically every freshwater strand you will ever see has gone through the same process unless (big unless) they were purchased before process (not drilled, not matched) and kept unprocessed intentionally.

So nice photo.

So nice photo.

I have many pearl but can not make so nice photo.
who can help me?

Me Too!

Me Too!

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post although I have been a "lurker" for a year. I have enjoyed reading everyone's opinions, comments,pics,"drama" (ala Z) etc. I finally decided to join because I, too, am a proud owner of one of these strands. I bought one of the largest multicolor strands and "visit" it quite frequently. I like "Wilma Flintstone" style necklaces so the one I picked had to fit my criteria. I bought a big baroque Tahitian from Pearlparadise (13mm to 17.5mm) that I have had tons of compliments on so I know this will be a winner. I almost missed the post with the details of the natural freshwater pearls. Well this was painless....

hmm, NLCSTORE you are a powerseller on Ebay, your store has 1480 items in it and they all have a photo, pretty nice photo's even.
So I'm confused about the help with photo's you need.
If you give me a bit more info on what you're looking for I will do my best to help you.

Alain

Hi, Ingykiz! I also like the Wilma look, even if the pearls do seem to be wearing me rather than the other way around. The baroque Tahitians sound great. The baroque Tahitian strand that I fell in love with was already sold by the time I saw it, and I've seen nothing I've liked as much since. Sigh...my wish list just keeps growing :rolleyes:

Aycee said:
hmm, NLCSTORE you are a powerseller on Ebay, your store has 1480 items in it and they all have a photo, pretty nice photo's even.
So I'm confused about the help with photo's you need.
If you give me a bit more info on what you're looking for I will do my best to help you.

Alain

Thank you!
But my photo no enough luster, the photo is not same as the pearl.
Have a great day!

NLCSTORE@ebay said:
... my photo no enough luster, the photo is not same as the pearl.

Looking over a couple of the pictures of white necklaces: I am surprised to see sharp reflections on the pearls (sign of a reflective surface), looking quite hazy. As if the camera could not deal with the close-up. Low resolution of the picture files could have contributed. These pictures could probably be corrected a bit via post-processing, but... not remotely (unless you don't care if the picture matches the product :eek: )

Photo editing software typically has less than a dozen functions that can be learned in an afternoon. I am using CorelPainter. Photoshop seems to be the most popular. Which do you use?

Otherwise, it is quite clear that the pearls should be more lustrous than they appear in the images. They usually are. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Boo,
There will always be many large tahitian baroques but there will be only one 101.....

Well, Boo. All votes are in and you got the pick of the litter! And we need pics! I'll put it on my desktop next to the one of you in those exquisite multi's!

Yes, I certainly do seem to have lucked into quite a beauty (but I am still waiting to see it in person - I just checked today's mail and there was no box of happiness). I know that I won't get much sympathy, but I am actually a fairly unlucky person. It is mostly minor things: I am renowned for my uncanny ability to cause traffic lights to turn red; if we get carry-out and they forget to put something in the bag, it will be the item I ordered; if I really like a certain type of product, it will invariably be discontinued....

We were watching the "Deal or No Deal" episode before Heroes this week, and they brought back the contestant who had won the least amount of money on the show and gave him a second chance. He tanked again the second time around, and my stepson called us from his mom's house to tell me "Gee, Boo, somebody actually has worse luck than you." However, every now and then something very lucky happens to me - we call it a karma-quake. Just like an earthquake suddenly shifts the earth to a more neutral position, a karma-quake rebalances my luck in one swift act.

If Jeremy hadn't moved back the release from Thursday to Friday, I would never have had a shot at 101. Despite all of my fumbling and a painfully slow internet connection, I think I was somehow destined to have it. On the bright side, you can all rest assured that someday soon it will be me writhing with envy over "the one that got away". :rolleyes:

I just got an e-mail saying that my package will be shipped today *jumps in glee* and I was given a tracking # to see how it's going :) Can't wait!

I don't know where to put this amusing story but since it is about PP FWN pearls I bought, it seems only fitting to post it here. I live in CT. but am relocating to AZ (Caitlin country) in the next few weeks. I had to travel there several weeks ago and when I travel, I always wear all of my pearls I will need during my visit. I don't like to pack them. I had on a strand of tahitians, a strand of white SS and my new strand of my freeforms from PP. As my family and I were bording the plane, We were greeted by a steward who noticed my pearls. He was very fascinated and was trying to guess what my pearls were. "Tahitians..right? Yes. SS..right? Yes." Then he stared at my FWN and said "Oh..mmm " Then he turned to his Co-Steward and said "Those look like the ones I saw at PP I told you about!" My jaw dropped and I said these are from PP! We were so excited to both have connected over these pearls. I had to sit in my seat and wait for the palne to take off before I could continue my coversation with him Read on..

After the plane took off, I walked to the back of the plane and he grabbed my arm and pulled me behind the curtain to talk. His partner was also a steward on the plane and he showed him all of my pearls while he told me of how he knew what I was wearing. He had reseached pearls on the internet, found PPs wesite, made an appt for a day visit to buy pearls for his grandmother. Kirsten and Mia helped him pick a strand of pearls and earrings and said he had the best time. I have a toddler who was fussy during the flight but I got first class sevice because of my pearls. I called PP to order my b'day gift (Golden SS necklace-I'll post photos when I can) and talked to about this encounter and Kirsten remembered him. She told Jeremy the story and he thought it was funny so I thought it would amuse the forum. Pearls can build bridges...

Back