Jaw dropping rope

This is the new rope from Kojima. I had e-mailed Sarah about it, but I hemmed and hawed and it sold right away to someone else. That's when I jumped on Sarah's Tahitian keshi tin-cup before it went, too.

I know this rope was around $5000. So the flipper wants $11,885 for it? Hum. I was tempted to offer $3000 for it, and say I know who made it, but I don't feel like typing in all my info. just to be annoying to the flipper.

You are right BW!! I don't even think it was 5000! Quite the mark up!

Beatriz ! How great to see you ...no excuses necessary...It's wonderful to hear from you ! I was thinking of you yesterday while I was fighting with a settings...I thought... Beatriz wouldn't be having this problem lol

Pretty rope but the price is ridiculous even for SS and Tahitians.. ...I mean you could create something that expensive by using top pearls pretty easily but most strands like this are not made up of AAA pearls.

You ladies continue to amaze me with your knowledge of all things pearls! This is a stunning necklace and I wonder who purchased it... if they bought with the intention to flip or ended up not liking it. The photos look the same.

It's a stunning necklace, but wow! That's a hefty mark up!

Grace rope is the delightful work that Sarah created for Pattye's 100-inch challenge, so not the same beauty that Lady D posted.

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...h-Rope-Challenge!!/page2&highlight=grace+rope

Haha SunSeeker - you are exactly right... There are actually Grace I the Original, and Grace II now Mermaid's Trove, and I was actually the one responsible for triggering all the Grace Ropes out there.

I first contacted Sarah for the 100-inch Rope, then she created a new one (Grace II, which lilliefuzzysocks posted about, which Mermaid acquired and should be renamed to Mermaid's Trove).

Even after the new one was created, I still loved her original rope, so Sarah graciously allowed me to adopt her original 100" Grace Rope... It is now mine... Heehee.

65D244FA-9CD0-499B-A0F2-B7D79ED04FD0.jpgFullSizeRender-2.jpg82B374B5-267E-4866-A70E-4340D22F3581.jpgIMG_1934.jpg

Wow, Purr, that looks stunning on you! And thanks for posting with so many different tops. It goes with all of them! Sarah did such a great job of collecting the pearls and organizing them by color! I'm glad you are now the curator!

What a thrill it must be to wear so many different types of pearls at once! It's like a harvest strand of every type of pearl!

I really admire how you graciously wear your Grace rope, Purr. I wish I could wear that, but my neck doesn't like it.

That Grace rope is amazing and so fun to look at! Thank you for reposting it so we can enjoy it vicariously!

Wow! I didn't know there was a Grace 1!
Such a lovely rope!
Congrats on acquiring such a unique piece! It looks great on you!

Purr, you always snag the good stuff! Love it!

Beatriz, it's great to see you! Sorry you've been having a hard time, much love to you.

Back