Is "Freshadama" a general term, or specific to Pearl Paradise?

Amanda

I had the vague impression that the word "Freshadama" was one coined by Pearl Paradise, and used in their marketing to describe the top few freshwater pearls.

I've just come across it being used on what appears to be a completely different site. Anyone (Jeremy?) know?

Fair enough - I wanted to make sure someone wasn't raining on your parade.

However, it makes one a bit cynical about their marketing, because they say things such as:

We buy pearls directly from the Pearls farms by moving ourselves to China, Japan, Australia and French Polinesia.

How can we offer to our customers such low prices? The reason is simple, we work directly from farms to on-line sale, no intermediary. It is also the reason why we can offer variety of colours, dimensions and the lengths which you wish.

And, not to put too fine a point on it, their prices are much higher than yours. For example, the lavender 18 inch 9-9.5mm necklace costs more in pounds on their site than it does dollars on yours.

They are higher, but they are in Europe and are subject to a lot of fees that we aren't. They actually do buy direct as well. We've done quite a bit of business with them over the years. They are a good operation, based out of France.

Are freshadama pearls treated in any way? Especially curious about treatment on white freshadamas. Thanks!

Back