Intergem in Secaucus this weekend?

Purranha

Hey PGers!

I saw that Intergem is having a show in Secaucus NJ this weekend - it will be the inaugural show there!

I'm staying local for the Labor Day weekend and it seem to be accessible via public transport so I'm contemplating about checking it out. FINGERS CROSSED that it will be better than Whiteplains!!!

Let me know if anyone plans on stopping by!

Purr~~~

I had to Google it to see where Secaucus is! But there are only 34 exhibitors listed...can it be they really only have 34 sellers at this event? It's been years since I've been to a show in Hartford...must have been 2008...but that show had a lot of exhibitors.

Let us know how it goes! Hey at least you'll be able to visit all the vendors? :p

Helloooooo ladies! Reporting back from the Inaugural Intergem Secaucus. I finally managed to make it today (show runs from Fri-Sun so today was the last day) and boy it was an uber disappointment. I do have to preface that I do not know if some of the vendors packed up early (I got there early afternoon today), but the space was half empty.

White plains was tiny and this one had even less vendors. Not to say pearls were abysmal, the gemstone selections were equally terrible. There were some rondelle strands available but nothing to write home about.

At least the last time I accidentally got some awesome pave clasps and findings (baby panthers and lion heads), this time I didn't even find any good findings/clasps.

I walked out in less than 40mins completely empty handed. oh well. At least now we know!

Oh, that is really too bad.

When we used to attend the one that was held in a large venue outside of Hartford, the hall was packed with vendors. It was right off I-91, easy to find, and there was a huge free parking lot. Even so, there were so many buyers that unless you arrived early, you had to really hunt for a space. The show was definitely worth attending.

Then they moved the show to a new venue, right in the center of Hartford. It was hard to find; people unfamiliar with driving in the city had to brave the traffic and the one way streets, and parking was in a garage several blocks away-- and not free. Unsurprisingly, that was the last year there was an Intergem show in or near Hartford. I think the lack of free and convenient parking killed it for the vendors (and buyers wouldn't be thrilled with it either.)

Back