Ingenious Idea

I think this is an example of leverbacks with a peg. Meaning you would remove the pearl from a post earring and glue it to the peg on the lever back finding. :)

Oooh! No wonder the peg looks invisible. 'Cause it is. :p

LOL! For a moment, I thought the same thing, but I went back and carefully read the posts. If only there were something that perfect that you could insert your posts into, right?

I just got my convertiblez earrings. I tried them with a small set of studs. Here's my issue with these: 1) they did not come with those nice small clear plastic ear nuts and with smaller stud earrings regular ear nuts are obviously visible; I will need to go and get a set of these clear ear nuts; 2) the other thing is that with long hair, I would be worried that my hair would get tangled in the ear nut and accidentally pull it off. I've had this happen with stud earrings on my own ears. I would feel safe wearings these only with my hair up and out of the way. Otherwise, I think these are interesting and a nice, cheap alternative to having studs converted.

I did use small, clear nylon/plastic earnuts with mine, they are much less noticible that way. Maybe it depends on the post size but they fit quite tightly and I had some trouble getting them off and on, so personally I wouldn't worry about wearing them with long hair, but that likely depends on the particular set of earrings/nuts and how tightly they fit. Hope they work out well for you!

Back