Indonesian Natural Pearls

Dear Dianne,

from our many many years of experience, there are no such pearls either cultured or naturally grown from Halmahera Islands, even if they would, not in such an high amount ( you said 3kg? ). However, the golden and champagne could be Keshi Pearls, Maluku is know for good quality Keshis also in round and drop shapes, however they would have been cultured.

The pinkish ones are pretty sure freshwater pearls.

Local Fisherman usually get plastic bags full of freshwater pearls from the farms and try to sell them as natural self harvested pearls.

If you want to make sure, send on of the pearls to GIA to get them tested.

Good Luck!

Sven

Last edited:
Hi.
The colours of the pearls are natural freshwater colours and from your one photo that is what they are.
Are the pearls drilled - undrilled in fact puts the price up a bit. Perhaps $3-400 per kilo depending on size and grade

Hi Dianne,
From the picture it looks like definately fresh water pearls as natural pearls are rare to find.

so what happened finally? did she send the pearls for testing? i guess we never find out.....

hi!
i am zainy
can any one tell him how can i send pearls to bangkok for testing to GIA. if i send through fedex or ups.
what is procedure in indonesia like any duty or declaration something
or i can send it like that to GIA.
does GIA accept parcel like that.
appreciate suggestions
thanx
zainy

Back