Here are my darling Freshadamas...

john675 said:
They look truly luscious - you lose yourself in the depth they display. You're right, who would prefer Akoyas?

John

You know John, these kind of pearls would make awesome cufflinks, if you wear french cuffs. You should see all the pearl cufflinks on eBay! They have a lot of vintage and I saw a pair with South Sea Pearls. I know -- I'm a baaaaad influence!;)

Buah ha ha!

Hi Blaire,

yes you are a baad influence, especially as I told John to get him another Tahitian for a necklace. We are going to make that poor guy penniless, since we do come up with great suggestions:D for him.

Seriously, I think cufflinks would be great idea too... and John deserves to get some pearls for himself as well as for his female pearl recipients!:)

GemGeek said:
The necklace and earrings are both 6 -7 mm. ... I had to convert my tahitian pearls and south seas to dangles ...

So... do the black dangles fit on the smaller white studs? ;)

Valeria101 said:
So... do the black dangles fit on the smaller white studs? ;)

Heavens! What a great idea to dangle black pearls from the white.:)

No such luck. The Tahitian pearls were set into fabricated earrings with a chain of bezel-set diamonds. Really tiny bad diamonds, as I recall, but no one ever notices.;) And the necklace is made of wonderfully scruffy baroque Tahitian Pearls. The necklace would not have made it through the Perliculture screening process, but it fit into my budget!

Me and Mom last year on my fiftieth birthday at Ruth's Chris restaurant

Me and Mom last year on my fiftieth birthday at Ruth's Chris restaurant.

Now c'mon Blaire, where are your mother's pearls ??? :(
(Yours are fabulous).

Ha! You think I don't give Mom pearls? Getting her to wear them is another story.;)

Here is a long necklace I gave her, one of many.;)

mom pearls stick pearl necklace

It's actually very colorful, but hard to photograph.

closeup mom pearls
mom pearls shadows

See? I try to be a good daughter!:D

Yikes !
I take it back - you are the best daughter....
I'm speechless re. those pearls - can't think of suitable adjectives...
The colours are gorgeous.
Naughty Mom for not showing them off.

Awww how sweet! Thanks.;) I made four of those necklaces, sold two, gave one to Mom and I kept one for me. If I wear mine and someone wants to buy it, it goes. That's the way it works with the jewelry I make. That's also why I rarely wear my own stuff. It doesn't make good business sense, but there you go.

The jewelry I buy, I keep, so the freshadamas aren't going anywhere!!!

Woo Hoo! Tucson is almost here. Blink your eyes and we'll be walking the aisles. I'll see if they'll let me take photos as a "member of the press". Then I can post what we see. I think I'd need some kind of official letter. Does Pearl-Guide.com have letterhead?;)

Dear GemGeek,
Your Freshadamas were so beautiful I just ordered the same set. They are the third Freshadama set I ordered this week. They will be my everyday pearls.;)

pearllove said:
Dear GemGeek,
Your Freshadamas were so beautiful I just ordered the same set. They are the third Freshadama set I ordered this week. They will be my everyday pearls.;)

See? I am a baaaaad influence. (I say baaaaad like a sheep bleating);)

You can't go wrong with the smaller pearls for everyday. They gleam quietly, but still look like a million bucks. And you'll never have to worry about the nacre wearing through to a bead. Cool.:cool:

Back