Help, please, need to choose earring setting for GSS drops

Kay! These are the pearls from the strand we split isn't it? So effectively the finished products will be sibs to my Emily Thorne! :D

No one is giving #1 any love lol, I actually quite like it though. I like that you can pair the diamond stud with many other pearl jackets, and I like the diamond rondel you found to sit on top of the GSSP. The only thing I would take a closer look at is the length of the chain - if it is a bit too long, it will make the design look off balanced.

Aside from that, 2b is my other favorite design! And to be honest I think any of the above design options will go well with both suits or casual outfits!

Yes, the gold pearls are from the strand we split. Some of them are also going into the GSS, Tahitian and black spinel 42" necklace. I think I might like #1 better with that necklace, but #2 with the strands, lol.

Thanks for all the comments so far. I keep going back and forth between the photos and trying to pick.

Sadly, there are no black tie events in my life. Outside of the ruckus, my GSS and mixed GSS & WSS strands will be worn primarily with my work suits and maybe occasionally with a simple dress for dinner. The Gellner style necklace will be worn with sundresses, tees and jeans, and business casual.

I like the look of simple, plain metal (no diamond) settings with Tahitians and white pearls, but not with gold pearls. I have saved lots of pictures, and I just don't like the way plain yellow or white gold looks next to dark gold pearls without diamonds or other gemstones. I want the earring settings to be yellow gold because the orbit clasps on my strands are matte 14k yellow gold, and they are visible when I link the 2 stands together as a rope. I love Icyjade's huggies and drops, so I have considered that style, but have not yet found a pair of YG huggies I really like that are not too pricey.

I like the idea of #1 -- being able to have a separate pair of studs to wear alone or with other drops. They also remind me a little of a pair of Betty Draper WSS dangle earrings I loved on Mad Men.

Betty 2.jpgBetty 6.jpg

2a or 2b or something similar might be a better choice for strands and suits. I do love bezeled diamonds, but that might be tough with the matte finish leverback. If I go with the bezel, I should probably find a nice polished 18k YG leverback to combine with a matching bezel. The prong set diamond could work with either matte or polished leverbacks.

I am still looking around to see other options. Sadly, I cannot get all the photos to load on the KGH website, since they have over 100 earring settings for pearls.

I usually like earrings with movement, but the lines of these Bunda earrings really appeal to me:

Bunda.jpg

I like the shape and movement of the PP Dew setting that Icyjade used for her gorgeous GSS drops, but for me I would like the top part of the setting to be longer so it extends below the earlobe before the bezeled diamond.

PP Dew 10-11mm (by 12-13mm) GSS (Icy Jade).jpg

This setting from KGH has made me consider setting my .22 ct diamonds as bezeled studs, with jackets that have a smaller bezeled diamond and the pearl right below.

E677-BZ  (0.08).jpg

A bit late here, but ... my very favorites for when and where you want to wear these earrings? 2a and 2b! You really can't go wrong with any of the options, but I just love that brushed gold leverback, especially as I think your orbit clasps are brushed or matte? There's movement, and elegance, and a nice contrast of textures between the gold, the pearl and the faceted diamonds that's hard to beat. I think either diamond setting works ... have fun deciding :)

Back