HELP Are these Akoya pearls

Hello everyone !
Need your opinion )
Tell me please, which of these pearls freshwater ? or two are freshwater or akoya (saltwater ?)
Is it possible that akoya pearls have iridescent color ?

3d4a88c5786a.jpg

2d7e11dc4631.jpg

Inga,

Lovely pearls here; how sentimental to have those from your Grandmother! Are you in the process of restring your pearls?

I'll take a guess that the one on the left is akoya, per the bright reflection and possible signs of "pinking", the other could be akoya also, just a slightly lower grade. Usually easier for me to judge when looking at a whole strand or necklace~although I have seen freshwaters with that combination of pink/aqua.

Inga,

Lovely pearls here; how sentimental to have those from your Grandmother! Are you in the process of restring your pearls?

Thank you , Pattye !

3.5-5.6

1b1ad81c98af.jpg

I'll take a guess that the one on the left is akoya, per the bright reflection and possible signs of "pinking", the other could be akoya also, just a slightly lower grade. Usually easier for me to judge when looking at a whole strand or necklace~although I have seen freshwaters with that combination of pink/aqua.

Please, look once more )
I don't like this rainbow shadows (( it's look like freshwater pearls . You don't think so ?

39fdee0efa31.jpg

ac3a24c8d272.jpg

I see those corrugated ball clasps on freshwater pearls sometimes...does the clasp have a mark to indicate the metal?

Sorry, I can't tell from a photo of a single pearl. I'm leaning toward akoya but if it of recent origin, it could be a high quality freshwater.

If that single pearl is known to be decades old, then it's akoya; the very round freshwater pearls were not being produced at that time.

Back