Hello! Just wondering what pearls I have :)

MorgUK

I'm going to give these to the girlfriend along with some other bits and bobs for Christmas (they were given to me by my nan a few years ago), and I was just wondering what type of pearls they are and if they're worth anything?

I'm in the UK, if anyone could give a valuation including the gold, it would be nice to know for future reference :)

Thanks,
Morg

20121207_122354.jpg
20121207_122409.jpg
20121207_122425.jpg
20121207_122437.jpg

Hi,
The pearls appear to be Freshwaters. As for the gold the value would depend on the wt and the amount of actual gold in the findings.

Hi,
The pearls appear to be Freshwaters. As for the gold the value would depend on the wt and the amount of actual gold in the findings.

Hi, thanks for the swift reply! I did upload high res images but it appears this forum resizes them.

Hello Morg and welcome,

What type of gold might be marked on the earring leverbacks. Perhaps a gold filled, marked 14k/20 also called rolled gold, or gold plating. If you see tarnishing anywhere on the pieces might also be an indication that they aren't solid gold. There wouldn't be any markings on the wire or beads, of course.

You might want to take trip to your nearest jewelry store at a time when they aren't too busy and ask one of the folks there to please have a quick look and see if the bits look like solid gold. Even if they are solid, likely the scrap value would be under $100. Just my opinion, of course~

Hi Morg,

These freshwater pearls have no value as such. If they are set in gold that would worth much more than the pearls. But it's a fun idea with the interchangeable dangles.

- Karin

Back