Got Some New Freshies

TaliLady

Ok, so I wrote this post yesterday but it disappeared. I think what I may have done is previewed it first but never hit the "submit" button. I'm going to try to reconstruct the post as best I can.

Hi all,

I have been scouring these threads and finding out all sorts of interesting information. In fact, I've been spending a little bit too much time wandering around here.

I have also been slowly but surely going through all of my listings on my site and adding "simuluated" when using Swarovski pearls and "color treated" for dyed freshies. It's a tedious task that I should finish this week. Who knew I had so much "pearl" jewelry in my collection.

I just received a bunch of fwps from You Pearl. I ordered the pearls after reading something positive about their pearls, but before I read the negative stuff about them. But the negative posts were written many years ago and the positive posts that I saw were recent. But, oh well....I ordered the pearls and it was a pleasant shopping experience, I was pleased with the shipping, the prompt delivery, how well the package was wrapped, and to my untrained eyes, the pearls look fine.

I purchased many strands of off round 6 and 8mm white fwp. I have decided that I am going to (over time) start using the fwps for my designs instead of all the Swarovski pearls that I currently use. I will continue using the Swarovski pearls for some of the designs though.

I also purchased several strands of multi-colored nuggets. Those are my favorites. I was going to use them for my first knotting project, but I can't wait. So, I'm going to wire wrap them with gold filled wire into a long rope necklace without a clasp. It'll sort of be a tin cup necklace without the chain in-between.

I also purchased some white nuggets, and I will use those for my first knotting project. Pattye, if you read this, I'm going to send you a convo on Etsy this week so you can instruct me on what items I need to purchase from your shop to get me started.

Here's a picture of the multi-colored nuggets:

multi color fwps - 1.jpg

Ok, that's all that I can remember from the original post.

Very nice; I look forward to seeing your finished pieces.

If you're selling online, you may want to add a signature link to your store at the end of your posts.

I've always like nuggets... they remind me of corn. Can't wait to see your creations!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I wrote the OP. Oh well....life has gotten in the way and I was distracted from my project. But, I finally started working on the the wire-wrapped multi-colored pearl rope necklace. I'm sure that I will finish it before the weekend is out and then I will post pics.

Ok, so I FINALLY made the multi-colored nugget wire wrapped long rope necklace. I used two 15-1/2" strands and the necklace is approximately 60 inches long. I have another strand left so I will be able to make a 17" necklace and a bracelet. But in the meantime, here's pics of the 60" rope.

multi-colored_pearl_nugget_long_rope_necklace_-_11.jpg

multi-colored pearl nugget long rope necklace - 1.jpg

multi-colored pearl nugget long rope necklace - 4.jpg

multi-colored pearl nugget long rope necklace - 5.jpg

multi-colored pearl nugget long rope necklace - 8.jpg

And here is a choker made with the 6-7mm white freshies. I used a 14k gold filled 4-strand clasp. I didn't have fun making this necklace. The clasp was a nightmare to work with. I think I'll just use the two gf and two sterling silver clasps that I purchased and then call it a day.

4-strand white pearl choker - 1.jpg

4-strand white pearl choker - 3.jpg

So, there you have it.

Now I'm going to hop over to the tin cup thread to post a couple of new tin cup designs.

I really like the spacing and overall proportions of the multicolored pearls necklace!

I like the way the necklaces turned out! I hope to make a 60" or longer strand one day, but have to work up to it!

Back