Golden earrings size?

IHEARTPEARLS

Hi everyone =) Next on my list is some pretty Golden South Sea . I am not sure what mm size to go with and the tone/dept of color. Any suggestions and care to share yours if you have some?
Thanks! :)

These are 10.8mm. I have large ear lobes and find the size comfortable.

Smaller studs may be more comfortable if you are on the phone a lot.

attachment.php

Beautiful gssp studs PD :)
I go between my 10mm and 9mm depending how I feel.
I believe whatever you can comfortably wear. What size pearl studs do you have currently, and how do you feel about them size and look wise?

Here are a couple pictures. I'm not a great photographer, my 10mm are lighter, and my 9mm are more deeper.. not sure if I captured it but atleast the picture is good enough for a size difference.
20180119_200104.jpg

20180119_200054.jpg

I have 12mm studs from Jewelmer as my first "grown-up" pearl jewelry. They were bold enough to make a statement, but not big enough to be obscenely expensive. At first, I found them huge. Gave it a few weeks, now 12mm is my norm. :p

Here it is with my pendant.

20170808_171721.jpg

Beautiful gssp studs PD :)
I go between my 10mm and 9mm depending how I feel.
I believe whatever you can comfortably wear. What size pearl studs do you have currently, and how do you feel about them size and look wise?

Here are a couple pictures. I'm not a great photographer, my 10mm are lighter, and my 9mm are more deeper.. not sure if I captured it but atleast the picture is good enough for a size difference.
View attachment 58026

View attachment 58027

Yes I have some Freshadama in 8.9 mm . I have small earlobes so I am thinking maybe like 10mm might be a good size. Love the quote on bottom of photo :)

Try using big backings for studs 10mm and above. They hold the pearl stud in place and it won't droop all day long. Small butterfly backings won't cut it. I do have small earlobes but I can wear up to 14 mm semi-rounds (which I once borrowed from my grandma, hahaha!), using those backings wherein the round disc is 1mm smaller than the pearl and has a "mickey loop".

Good luck on your pearl diving expedition! :)

Here are mine (these are my personal collection, not for sale) You can also try Lobe Wonder patches if weight bothers your earlobe. I think Pattye still offers them in her shop. I use them every day (too many heavy earrings in the 70s and 80s)
IMG_1277.jpg

CrazyMissy, you're TOTALLY right about needing larger backings. I had almost lost my my stud with that small backing. It would've been a sad day because it took awhile to match those studs!

JP, those mismatched earring are astounding!

I think you need to consider which shade of gold suits you . Not all shades suit everyone, some can’t wear the gold South Sea at all . I’d suggest going to a store and checking out the colour so you narrow it down to either dark , mid gold or light gold. That gives you a starting point. 10 mm is a nice size overall and certainly will be less expensive than 12mm . ( all other factors rbeing equal)

Back