Gem Quality Freshwater Pearls?

Oh that's a much better photo ! They look marvellous on you ! Personally I like the larger sizes and I think the best thing is to go to your local high end jeweller and try on some large round size pearls. Even if they are a different type that you want..it's good to get an idea as to what different sizes look like on you. I think you'll find that 10mm looks great !

You're a 'Silly Billy' to worry about that neck! Looks pretty darn good to me :D

Last edited:
I think you look elegant and the pearls seem right at home around your "Still quite lovely neck" (I borrowed that from Queen Mary, I think)

Excuse the 57 yr. old neck.

I have a strand of round metallic Edison's that is really stunning and with beautiful lustre. You can try asking one of the vendors if they can source for you from Hong Kong. Won't be that cheap but shouldn't be ssp price either. It made me seriously question myself if I still need a round ssp strand. Jury still out on that...

View attachment 53302

Those are gorgeous!

Here’s an update on my pearls decision. I just received a beautiful strand of 10-11mm FWP today. The luster is amazing and they are huge! Super happy with them. I now need to learn how to string so I can change all my clasps! 52970458271__13A60F17-0758-4F19-A3EF-B2623353D293.JPG

.jpg will load -- I use them all the time. Click on the little square photo icon (the 3rd icon to the right of the smiley) to select the photo, and then you have to click on "upload".

4CCC1D09-2F89-4C7A-A87C-BFF29C76AA57.jpg6760C3F5-49A3-4533-9BD7-10D250373A63.jpg
I hope these attach. They are more lusterous in real life! I haven’t mastered the natural light photos yet. I am super happy with them and they didn’t cost a fortune. Leaves room for more statement pearls��

The clasp is tiny! My sister is coming out for my birthday in a few weeks and we are taking a stringing class. I plan to replace this micro clasp with an orbit. The obsession continues.....

They look like a nice size on your neck, very wearable. Let me turn those photos for you:

Attachments

• TXPearlLV photo1.jpg
    TXPearlLV photo1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 58
  • TXPearlLV photo2.jpg
    TXPearlLV photo2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 65
Back