First Application to the Club

Dear Caitlin, Lisa, Pattye, Katbran, Adeline and Amanda: Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement! I had been a little shy previously of sharing my creations with others, much less giving them as gifts. But then I saw that at many craft shows the pieces for sale weren't necessarily better than mine and I'm slowing getting over it :p

I do want to give a shout-out to Adeline and her efforts at BaliBotanika. She has done all of the hardwork on the earrings, pulling together the color combinations. The rest of it was easy in linking them up on the headpins. It's so nice to be able to buy color-coordinated kits to work with. Since I don't have the resources to amass such an amazing collection, it's wonderful to get a little bit of help :) I've been uniformly thrilled by what I've gotten from her... to the point where my husband has started asking when the next package of Singapore would be arriving...

Ladies,

May I just again say how lovely your work is!

Cheers,

Ash

...and... the latest of my weekly installments. This is the first of what I'm thinking will be a series of "stackable" bracelets because it's delicate enough that I don't think it will be too overwhelming to wear multiples. And because I recently fell in love with the Lagos "caviar" bracelets and I really can't afford multiples of those! (And I already have pearls on hold with Adeline that are destined for a variation on this bracelet...)

Last+Roll+-+12.jpg

The focal is a monster faceted rutilated quartz. I'm really loving how this one wears and can't wait to make more ;-)

Thanks, GemGeek and Katbran!

Katbran, the silver are Bali silver daisy spacers -- 3.5 mm, I believe. The goldfilled rondelles are 3 mm-ish and 5 mm and their holes are just the right size for hiding the little PowerPro knots to make sure that the bracelet still "hangs" properly and as extra insurance for the pearls and rutilated quartz. I have a wrist that is usually too small for commercial bracelets, so I'm happy to be making my own that fit! :)

Back