Faberg? pearl egg

Thanks for posting this, Matt. They are really exquisite!

Thanks for posting here, Matt. I saw this yesterday, and was also disappointed there was no photo of the center pearl, or the necklace that comes inside the egg ???

Absolutely gorgeous - fitting for the first Egg since 1917!! I do hope at the presentation that we'll be able to see the pearl inside

Forbes.com just posted an update on the Egg, which was on display at Baselworld!!

I wish the photos were a bit better, but still they're better than nothing! You can just catch a glimpse of the natural pearl nestled inside ...

IMG_0979.jpg

photo-3-1455x1940.jpg

photo-21-1455x1940.jpg

"It is a bejeweled egg created with precious and rare materials and hand-crafted in the same manner as the original Faberg? imperial eggs, they said. The objet d’art has approximately 3,300 diamonds, 139 natural pearls, carved rock crystal and mother-of-pearl set on white and yellow gold. The egg opens to reveal what the luxury jeweler describes as a rare 12.17-carat grey pearl from the Arabian Gulf. It took approximately 18 months to design, acquire the precious materials and build the egg with 20 high-skilled craftspersons."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthony...l-egg-at-baselworld-2015-and-names-its-buyer/

Back