• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Faberg? pearl egg

Marianne

Thanks for posting this, Matt. They are really exquisite!

CathyKeshi

Thanks for posting here, Matt. I saw this yesterday, and was also disappointed there was no photo of the center pearl, or the necklace that comes inside the egg ???

AMc

McA
Absolutely gorgeous - fitting for the first Egg since 1917!! I do hope at the presentation that we'll be able to see the pearl inside

AMc

McA
Forbes.com just posted an update on the Egg, which was on display at Baselworld!!

I wish the photos were a bit better, but still they're better than nothing! You can just catch a glimpse of the natural pearl nestled inside ...

IMG_0979.jpg

photo-3-1455x1940.jpg

photo-21-1455x1940.jpg

"It is a bejeweled egg created with precious and rare materials and hand-crafted in the same manner as the original Faberg? imperial eggs, they said. The objet d’art has approximately 3,300 diamonds, 139 natural pearls, carved rock crystal and mother-of-pearl set on white and yellow gold. The egg opens to reveal what the luxury jeweler describes as a rare 12.17-carat grey pearl from the Arabian Gulf. It took approximately 18 months to design, acquire the precious materials and build the egg with 20 high-skilled craftspersons."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthony...l-egg-at-baselworld-2015-and-names-its-buyer/