eBay's Norwegian sea pearl

They look oddly like Chinese freshwater because they are. Now that is a creative description!
Maybe Carl Von Linnaeus has returned from the dead... no wait! He was Swedish! But he could have just moved next door.:p

Hi Jeremy,

Although these particular ones look awfully like Chinese freshwater cultured button studs to me, too, there are indeed nacreous pearls to be found in both the Baltic and North Sea. Some archaeologists argue that the so-called Kj?kkenm?ddinger (shell piles) along the Scandinavian shores are actually from pearl fisheries rather than mussel feasts owing to the fact that nacreous shells are rarer than non-nacreous ones and the shells in the Kj?kkenm?ddinger are almost exclusively nacreous.

Zeide

Jeremy, that's funny.

I'm just giggling over the bidder who got the item for $1.34 and will now be telling people that they are Norwegian sea pearls.

Slraep

Last edited by a moderator:
jshepherd said:
They look oddly like Chinese freshwater because they are. Now that is a creative description!
Maybe Carl Von Linnaeus has returned from the dead... no wait! He was Swedish! But he could have just moved next door.:p

I like the Photoshop work they tried to do. The background is bleeding through the pearl.. :D

jshepherd said:

Hi Jeremy!

ROFL!!!!!!!!:eek: :D Creative indeed!!!!!!! I am almost affraid to see what they will come up with next.....

Cheers

Back