Dyed Tahiti pearls?

nevertrending

Hi everyone, I was wondering either I could steal a bit of your knowledge on determining either these pearls might be Tahiti pearls and if so either they are dyed. I don't have any microscope, but I was able to zoom up as close aspkossible with my camera with some lens fiddling if it helps. Any tricks or links where I can find methods on knowing how to distinguish dyed pearls from natural would be welcome though. I have been to the local jeweller with it and he was unsure about the pearl, what we do know is that these are 14ct gold earrings with Rubies. Pearl size is 8,7mm

Thanks in any case.

IMG_0941.jpg
Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 23.59.01.jpg

The color and peacock overtones look natural to me. I would not have thought they were dyed, from looking at your first photo.

The second photo shows a lot of small blemishes, but you wouldn't see them with the naked eye so I would not worry about them.

I concur that these are Tahitians. They don't look dye to me. They're a lovely pair of earrings.

Thank you much everyone for your fast feedback. I only own 2 Tahiti pieces, these earrings and a necklace and am a complete novice to them in general. From what I read, my second necklace seems to be dyed though. I am just not sure either I'm basing in on the right factors. Does the violet overtone reveal it or are is there another trick while looking at pictures to know if it's been colour treated. With kind regards
IMG_8233.jpg
IMG_8232.jpg

Please if possible, retake the photos on a white paper towel. Take some photos of any blemishes you see. Is there a clasp? And what size approximately are the pearls? If the pearls are flat on the surface it is easier to evaluate the shape. How long have you had these pearls? I can see some variations in the colors, overtones of green and blue also. Probably you are correct that they are dyed. The color is very attractive!

Back