Dreamy

Oh, Sheri!!! My oh my, that is FABULOUS!!! Please do tell me of the treatment on Ms. Mermaid...she is gorgeous. I was actually thinking that a tassel would set "dreamy" in to full blown fantasy mode. Is your strand on wire? And what are the end beads you are using? They look great with the clasp and pearls.

Thanks for everyone's nice words! I strung the pearls on softflex beading cable, with tiny (size 15) glass seed beads in between the pearls as spacers. The beads right next to the clasp are actually crimp bead covers. The coloration on the mermaid's tail was achieved through oxidation, which, alas, is not permanent, but given the cool iridescence, I'm keeping it for now. I have never been able to get totally permanent/stable patination results with oxidation, even sealing with lacquer or wax, so the cool rainbow effects are ephemeral. Down the line, if the tail turns black with tarnish, I may end up polishing it and adding some color with enamel paints or pigments to achieve a similar effect.

Purrahna, I have successfully cast these components in bronze and rose bronze, a nice way to achieve the warmth of gold without the expense. Haven't put pearls in the octo heads yet, so no photos to share at this point. I'm thinking those colors could be fun to combine with some pondslimes.. :rolleyes:

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!!?!?!

Sheri, I have no words. Good lord your photo is amazing.

Oh, I was just sure I posted on this ... traveling and internet don't always work ...

Sheri, your newest ropes/mermaid and octo creation is just gorgeous ... and that octo tassel is divine!

The tassels are perfect and I love, love, love the strand!!! I bet you could sell quite a few of those Sheri! The entire layered look is TDF!

Back