Colors- pearls and clothes

Sea Urchin

I wear pearl necklaces that are long enough to rest on clothes rather than bare skin.

They can look so different, depending on what color they're up against.

My blacks look great with black, of course. I haven't yet tried them on clothing colors that match the other colors they show, like plum and teal.

I like the whites on everything, I think.

The pinks (leaning more toward lavender than peach) surprised me. I figured they'd look good on white, but when I put them up against cream/beige, their pinkness really popped.

So, just wondering what observations others have on pearl colors and clothing colors.

Sea Urchin,

Your observations about pearl and clothing combinations are right on. Kind of lighting one is in makes a difference, like daylight or indoor. Indirect light from 2 sources makes the overtones pop on the freshwater pearls. Plus the pearls can reflect the color you are wearing. Always fun playing in the pearls!

Thanks for this heads up Sea Urchin, about beige. Interactions with clothes' colors, good reminder!

I have a chunky face and neck, and open-neck clothes are flattering to me. Hence I have never worn pearls over clothes, except once, for a funeral.

I wore a black T-shirt underneath my black collarless suit, and had a double strand necklace made for the occasion. The pearls were white with silver overtone, and set off brilliantly against my all black outfit.

DK :)

I like the combo of black / white clothes (such as I have to wear for work, black suit, white shirt) and lavender pearls.

Back