Color shifting pearl necklaces all sold out?

Caitlin, I'm hugely flattered that you'd say so! And Crack Me Up, I just got your "sole sister"! FootInMouthHa ha hahahahaha.

Jodie, Yeah, I think so, in the 'rich', 'moneyed world', sense. The Gem quality pearls would serve as an excellent example. The Crown jewels would be another (grin, I'm a Mistress of Understatement)

Heirloom in another sense is more about emotional associations and inheritance.

My people come from Ireland and Germany and for generations scraped by. (I think one of the first Irish ones was scarred by something because he lived under the radar, not even willing to be on the census. Course back in the early 1800s a lot of folks didn't believe in stuff like that, didn't trust gov't. )

Then my grandparents hit the Middle Class and Lower Middle Class, then my Mom and Dad got to go to College...and so it went.

My Grandparents had few nice things to leave us, nothing that would qualify for the Royal Albert, but I'm still crazy about them, and consider them heirlooms. I wouldn't give even one item up for love or money. Every time I look at one, memories flood me, of my loved ones.

Last edited:
Back